[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7813.jpg (67KB, 464x685px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7813.jpg
67KB, 464x685px
What was his endgame?
>>
>>2796637

Objective: Survive
>>
Not seppuku. Instead he died dishonorably years later
>>
>>2796637
Who?

Tbh all germans look the same
>>
>>2796997

Friedrich Paulus, commander of the 6th Army at Stalingrad. First German Field Marshal to surrender. Probably did it because he realized the Hitler was an evil son of a bitch leading Germany off a cliff and didn't feel like dying for him. Can't say I blame him.
>>
Didn't he end up helping start the East German army?
>>
>>2797119

No, but he did join the National Committee for a Free Germany, a group of German officers who been captured by the Soviets and were coerc- *cough* convinced to openly denounced the Nazis (one might argue they formed the ideological basis of what eventually became East Germany).

Paulus later acted as a witness at the Nuremberg Trials where he revealed the previous 6th Army commander, Walther von Reichenau had helped organize the killing of 33,000 Jews (this may have been the beginning of his discontent with the Third Reich that ultimately led to his surrender and defection). He spent the remainder of his life reassuring the families of the 91,000 men under his command who surrendered were alive and well, when in fact all but a handful of them were dead. Again, this was done under Russian "encouragement" and there was very little he could have done for them in any case.
>>
>>2796997
The guy who surrendered Stalingrad and paved the way for Nazi defeat in WWII.
>>
>>2797315
There is literally nothing anyone on the axis side could have done to prevent a nazi defeat
>>
>>2796637
To follow his orders until he was expected to commit suicide.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.