[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

McNamara Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1101630215_400.jpg (40KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
1101630215_400.jpg
40KB, 400x527px
What was /his/ endgame?
>>
>>2795914
he didn't really have one
>whywelostvietnam.jpg
>>
Killed the valkyrie bomber

I can never forgive

I still take trips down to Arlington with my scale model of the Valkyrie and make sure he's really dead.
>>
I feel bad for LBJ. All he wanted to do was focus his presidency on the great society programs, while flooding the country with colored immigrants.

Instead, JFK and his dibshit friends dragged him into a war that violated his personal beliefs.
>>
>>2796083
LBJ started out in politics during the appeasement leading up to WW2, and cut his teeth during Who Lost China.

He was never going to let the communists take more clay.
>>
>>2795914
Whats the story on this guy?
I hear a lot of talk about him.
>>
>>2796037

You mean the exit strategy that would have worked? The escalation and disaster of Vietnam is entirely LBJ, McNamara was against it
>>
>>2796083
I'm very confused by this post
>>
>>2796052
The Valkyrie was a failure even if the doctrine hadn't become obsolete

>t. aerospace engineer
>>
>>2795914
Keep the Mojave Brotherhood of Steel chapter isolated after the defeat at Helios One; his fear is uncalled for, the NCR has expanded rather fast, and are slow to respond.
>>
Only good thing he did was kill the Army's boner around muh full power battle rifle muh individual soldier marksmanship in favor of the M16 and its intermediate cartridge.

Everything else was pretty autistic though
>>
>>2796146
He was the Secretary of Defense under Johnson. He was very involved with nuclear deterrence and stuff, and (relatively recently) made a really good documentary on nuclear weapons called the "Fog of War"
>>
>>2796220
looked hella badass though
>>
>>2796448
A lot of the good he did was in unfucking a lot of institutional inertia and forcing some semblance of commonality on the military.

>>2796461
Yes, but its range fell several thousand nmi short of the original plan even after they filled the bomb bay with fuel and removed the military equipment.
>>
>>
>>2796083
>LBJ
>Not the primary reason the Vietnam conflict escalated into a full war
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.