[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a WWI thread. This thread is for discussion,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1200.jpg (527KB, 1200x1766px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
527KB, 1200x1766px
Let's have a WWI thread. This thread is for discussion, debates, alternate history, dank memes, and anything you could conceive based on World War One.
>>
I have one. Did you know that WWI was called The Great War before WWII happened?
>>
>>279405
Anyone ever read Lisle Rose's book Power at sea? Any thoughts as to his "suicide cruise" plan, assuming Wilhelm could have actually attempted it?
>>
>>279448
It was also "The War to End all Wars" before the next war happened.
>>
File: 1235236892.png (104KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1235236892.png
104KB, 500x545px
Have you ever been so nationalistic that you caused the terminal decline of western civilization out of pure fucking spite?
>>
deutschland dindu nuffin, it was the evil serbian terrorists
>>
>>279405
Lol, that picture.
My question of the day, which I remember seeing a thread about it not too long ago here: did the Tsar and Tsarina deserve their cruel deaths?
I used to think not, that the leftist revolutionaries and Bolshevisks were overly zealous in their crusade and murdered good and conservative leaders who tried their best but were unfortunately encumbered by an incompetent and old bureaucracy,
Nowdays, as I'm reading more and more about the gross inefficiencies and stupid and aristocratically self-centered decisions the Tsar himself constantly made, I can't blame people wanting change, even violently. For example, the top Russian commander at the beginning of the war, Field Marshall Nikoleavich, wept at his appointment because he knew of his gross incompetency for the post. When the Tsar took complete control of the army, he'd spend most of his time playing polo at the military HQ and skirting his job.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>279499
>>
>>279505
Germans invaded Belgium and France.
Serbia killed Austro-Hungary's archduke
Russia was the first to mobilize
Everyone causes the fucking war.
>>
>>279507
>What do you guys think?
I don't think it warrants the extermination of 20 million "enemies of the people".
>>
>>279534
As a side note I should've mentioned, I am not saying the revolution produced a net benefit for Russia or was run by people any better or smarter than the ones they ousted. I am merely thinking whether the Tsar and other rulers basically had it coming.
>>
>>279507

When the bolsheviks took power, the Tsar had already abdicated. The storming of the winter palace was the storming of the seat of the republican government. By the time the bolsheviks seized and murdered him, the Tsar and his family were simply private citizens and had been for about a year.
>>
File: Fucking Serbia.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Serbia.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
>German culture in America was erased by warmongering anglophiles
Fucking Serbians.
>>
>>279691
tell me more about this
>>
>>279405
>area drunkard declares war on Ireland
haha typical irish lol
ww1 is my favorite, the origins of the great war go right back to napolean
>>
Why did the Germans think the Schlieffen Plan was a good idea?
>>
>>279737
because like many plans it looked good on paper it wasn't until it was implemented that strategic and tactic failures exposed its fatal flaws
>>
>>279666
Even without the satanic trip confirming the vileness of the revolutionaries, I would like to see some source on this, merely out of curiosity.

If it's true, then I feel for the Tsar and his family.
>>
>>279737
but it almost succeeded
>>
>>279786
Not him, but just look up the February Revolution.
>>
>>279806

Most broken plans almost succeed. They get through the easy to predict initial stages, then choke at the critical final stage because of poor planning.
>>
>>279786
Read up on the Kerensky government.

The courageous bolsheviks were still in hiding in Germany and elsewhere when the real russian revolution took place.
>>
>>279737
Long story short the Franco-Prussian war of 1871 resulted in such a thorough demolition of France that it invented Communism. The Germans saw the French as a soft target, easily knocked out early in the war. As they saw it the Russians weren't a huge threat and would fall eventually, but couldn't be taken as quickly due to the large amounts of land needed to be covered. If the French were taken out quickly enough the British wouldn't have a leg to stand on and could be brought to the table.

At the same time, while Paris was the jewel of France, without which she couldn't reasonably be considered to function, the Ruhr area (Essen, Koln, Düsseldorf, Dortmund) was Germany's industrial heart, without which she couldn't reasonably continue to wage war. Both of which lay within striking distance of each other across a large, thought to be indefensible plain. Geography dictated it was kill or be killed across Belgium.
>>
>>279499
Thankfully I'm not British, so no.
>>
>>280206
France, Germany, Russia, and Britain all experienced it, you dimwit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.