[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when Solon traveled to Egypt he visited Pharaoh of Amasis II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Graham_hancock-cp2.jpg (93KB, 640x311px) Image search: [Google]
Graham_hancock-cp2.jpg
93KB, 640x311px
when Solon traveled to Egypt he visited Pharaoh of Amasis II and spoke with his priests Psenophis and Sonchis who told him of Egypt's founders. They spoke of their origin, a city that was consumed by the sea. We know this city as Atlantis. When did it sink? According to the Egyptians 9000 years before Solon's visit, which just happens to align with the end of the last ice age and the melting of the ice sheets which raised the ocean by more than 30 feet. Do you really think Egypt just came about overnight with an advanced knowledge of astronomy, construction, a deep level of philosophy and theology? or is it more possible that their civilisation was already old by the time they founded Cairo?
>>
>>2792352

Except that's not what Plato described. Solon allegedly got his story of Atlantis from an unnamed priest.

>Do you really think Egypt just came about overnight with an advanced knowledge of astronomy, construction, a deep level of philosophy and theology?

No it took them thousands of years, as demonstrated by the archaeological record.
>>
>>2792352
>or is it more possible that their civilisation was already old by the time they founded Cairo?

Cairo was founded by Arabs you thick twat. Holy shit you ""people"" are fucking retarded.
>>
>>2792352
>Do you really think Egypt just came about overnight with an advanced knowledge of astronomy, construction, a deep level of philosophy and theology?

Nobody thinks this. I think your post might be bait just because this question pretends people think something that nobody does.
>>
>>2792381
I meant Giza whatever fuckin autist
>>
>>2792393
Their civilization was old by the time they founded Giza. Is there some archaeologist that disagrees with that some place?
>>
>>2792396
Not old enough
>>
>>2792405
Not sure what you mean. In any case they did not just up and build pyramids. There were many failed attempts and "practice" pyramids. Many of these still remain, you can easily Google those or even visit them if you care to

If you don't then *shrug*

What bothers me the most about Graham's followers is that they don't place his arguments in opposition to that of conventional Egyptologists. In fact they very rarely learn about the complete record of ancient Egypt at all, instead clinging to the few fun things that Graham points out.

Without context, of course these things seem crazy. Without context lots of shit seems crazy. I encourage you to study Egypt and really put work into understanding its ancient history. Then see if you still feel that the picture Graham and his books offer is fair.
>>
>>2792472
like the red pyramid, which was built over a megalithic structure
>>
>>2792352
Atlantis is a myth. Plato invented the whole thing. Get over it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.