[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What took so long to find Australia? If they were colonizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (3KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3KB, 263x192px
What took so long to find Australia? If they were colonizing in Indonesia and papua new guinea etc why didn't they just also travel south?
>>
>>2792327
it was only really useful as a prison
>>
>>2792327
Most of Australia is uninhabitable waste
>>
When the British landed in the southeast (Sydney) they realised it's potential for a colony. Dutch and Portuguese explorers only ever really interacted with the Northern and Western coasts of Australia, Inhospitable desert and jungle with spear chucking 60 IQ cavemen.
>>
>>2792327

They knew about it, and did some trading with the natives, but Australia is essentially a shithole and the natives had nothing of value to trade with outsiders. It wasn't until the Europeans arrived that any outsider found any use for the place (as an open-air prison).
>>
>>2792386
It has more arable land than France, Germany and Italy combined, so not really.
>>
>>2792394
Are you stupid?
Most of Australia is uninhabitable, like he said.
God I hate snarky r*dditors
>>
>>2792412
oh sorry anon, I'll be sure NOT to do research next time.
>>
>>2792394
In the side facing away from Indonesia and the old world. The side facing colonisers was pretty unpleasant
>>
>>2792327
Good luck trying to navigate unknown waters without nowadays technology. Also, they knew of it but not the overall size and good regions (there weren't that many expeditions just to discover and to map stuff), like the majority of countries in Europe with America 300y earlier.
>>
>>2792423
Queensland is not desolate on the coast, sorry.
>>
>>2792415
Please do as your ''research'' is you reaching into your arsehole and pulling out crap
>>
>>2792394
Mainly in the South and East, guess which parts were arrived to last
>>
>>2792434
Arable Land-
1) Germany- 167,250 square KM
2) France- 287,665 square KM
3) Italy- 131,620 square KM

4) Australia- 4,062,690 square KM

Choke on my dick.
>>
>>2792412
He's not wrong, old mates right that it's mostly uninhabitable but it does have that much arable land
>>
>>2792460
>>2792466

We're talking about the proportion of land that is useful you dense faggot. Austrailia is huge, yes it has more arable land than tiny European countries, but what is the proportion of arable to waste land there?
>>
>>2792460
That's not what we're saying you stupid cunt
Most of Australia is uninhabitable. Just because it has a lot of habitable land doesn't change that.
God you're stupid.
>>
>>2792460
aka every non white thing in the world come at me bro
>>
File: MlmrLjf.jpg (474KB, 2040x1380px) Image search: [Google]
MlmrLjf.jpg
474KB, 2040x1380px
>>2792412
Without fail, every single Euro I've met has been shocked at the size of Australia when they visit. Apparently they all have a mental picture of it being the size of France. It's actually larger than Europe.
>>
>>2792513
No it fucking does it. That stats I provided is Agricultural land, not total land mass. Fuck off.
>>
>>2792527
Yes but they fucking didn't land in the middle of Australia you dumb cunt. They would have landed on the coast with inhabitable land.
>>
>>2792761
the fucking north west coast which is desert.
>>
>>2792513
>>2792412
>He's not wrong, old mates right that it's mostly uninhabitable but it does have that much arable land

That's literally what I said. You need to calm your mangina
>>
>>2792717
Nibba, I remember the early 2000s when I tought Australia was really small. I swear most maps didn't depict it as that big. Around 2010 I noticed it's just a tad bit smaller than Brazil and "what the bloody hell?" I tought. Mandela effect, perhaps? Or was I retarded?
[spoiler] most likely the latter [/spoiler]
>>
File: Australia.jpg (22KB, 292x450px) Image search: [Google]
Australia.jpg
22KB, 292x450px
>>2792327
It was discovered in 1522 by a portuguese explorer but it was kept a secret to avoid any competition in the area.
Theres even a map of the coast of Australia made by them but apparently it was burned in the Lisbon earthquake
>pic related
>>
>>2792412
Retard
>>
>>2792871
No it's not what you said at all.

>>2793041
>get proven wrong
>r-retard!
>>
>>2792717
Eurocucks have a tiny mindset
>>
>>2792412
>anyone who disagrees with me is reddit.
Seems legit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.