[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French revolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1487819187456.jpg (72KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487819187456.jpg
72KB, 850x400px
Hello, /his/.
First of all, pic unrelated.
I am helping my girlfriend prepare for a test from said topic - French revolution - and I am looking for some interesting books regarding it.
I know the basics, but her teacher (whom I had too, and is probably the best one I ever had) requires more in- depth knowledge - not of dates, but of social, economical and political stances and situation.
It doesn't have to be a book - a decent blog, podcast or anything of sort is welcome too.

Also, general French revolution thread - your favorite moments and people? We haven't had this in a looong time.
>>
>>2791793
>French revolution - and I am looking for some interesting books regarding it.

Considerations on France by Joseph De Maistre
Reflections on the Revolution in France by Edmund Burke

>your favorite moments and people?
Napoleon putting to an end to this abomination
>>
>>2792660
Thanks, those seem pretty interesting.

But come on, it wasn't that bad - I mean, the part with Robespierre was pretty fucking awful (unless you're a pretending edgy kid), but the rest was not only interesting, but also quite important for the development of Europe further on.
I sort of regret that La Fayette wasn't a bit more succesfull though. Could've been actually interesting to see how it would turn out with king in position and the radical left kept in check.
>>
>>2793034
They literally killed France and the French culture

As a French Catholic i can clearly tell you that there are two race of French, the Catholic/Royalist and the Atheist who is cultureless and just dead inside
>>
>>2795090
American here.

French Catholics deserved to die for trying to force an absolute monarchy on France and conspiring with foreign powers to do so.
>>
>>2795104
It's not us that will die but the atheists

They have 0 birthrate while we have the biggest in Europe
>>
Antoine François Bertrand de Molleville has an interesting account on the Revolution; although I doubt it has been translated into English.

My favorite moment/personality is the arrival of the Duke of Brunswick with a manifesto and his hussars, like some sort of Deus ex machina.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.