[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rome fell in 1204

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: ERE pepe.jpg (15KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
ERE pepe.jpg
15KB, 229x220px
Daily Reminder that in the end Rome fell; not to Muslims, but to other jealous Romans.

>Constantinople had been in existence for 874 years at the time of the Fourth Crusade and was the largest and most sophisticated city in Christendom. Almost alone among major medieval urban centers, it had retained the civic structures, public baths, forums, monuments, and aqueducts of classical Rome in working form. At its height, the city held an estimated population of about half a million people behind thirteen miles of triple walls. Its planned location made Constantinople not only the capital of the surviving eastern part of the Roman Empire but also a commercial center that dominated trade routes from the Mediterranean to the Black Sea. China, India and Persia. As a result, it was both a rival and a tempting target for the aggressive new states of the west, notably the Republic of Venice.
>Byzantine resistance based in unconquered sections of the empire such as Nicaea, Trebizond, and Epirus ultimately recovered Constantinople in 1261. The Fourth Crusade is considered to be one of the more prominent oppressive acts in the Great Schism between the Eastern Orthodox Church and Roman Catholic Church, and a key turning point in the decline of the Byzantine Empire and Christianity in the Near East.
>>
>>2790217
Spain >Constantinople desu
>>
File: 147589089588.png (147KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
147589089588.png
147KB, 1024x526px
>>2790217
Rome never fell, anon
>>
Saying Rome fell in 1204 is like saying the western Empire fell in 235.

I imagine you don't actually have much interest in the period and you're just trying to demonstrate that you have marginally more knowledge about it than laypeople.
>>
>>2790664
Yes and no. I copy and pasta a few lines from Wikipedia in hopes some people would pick up on it, read the rest of the page and understand a bit more.

Then I could then argue with them that the Sack of Constantinople was the start of the end for the Byzantium Empire.

Too many of people today beliebe thzt the Byzantiens fell in 1453 with the fall of Constantinople by the Ottomans, when really the Byzantine Empire was far from the Empire that it once was and the fall of the Empire was an event long coming their way.

Prior to the sack of Constantinople the Byzantines did a fairly good job at keeping Roman Traditions and it wasnt untill after the collapse from the crusades that old ERE had truely lost all Roman remnants and began its offical fall.

The obvious truth of course that most know is that if Christendom truely came together, then the Empjre would nave never fallen.
>>
>>2790531
I mean, the Spanish Empire doesn't exist anymore.
>>
File: Spanish speaking.jpg (117KB, 626x221px) Image search: [Google]
Spanish speaking.jpg
117KB, 626x221px
>>2790814
It does
>>
File: 1474224277614.jpg (50KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474224277614.jpg
50KB, 320x480px
rome fell in 565
>>
>>2790217
>The glorious Ottoman Empire
Conquers Constantinople 100 years and four attempts later
>A bunch of disgruntled catholic renegades lead by a 90 year-old blind merchant
Conquers Constantinople in less than 2 years
>>
Venice is superior to the ERE in every way possible.
>>
>>2790934
>Almighty
bruh. Dude wasn't even porphyrogenitos, and married a dancer. The guy had probably the most tenuous grasp on power of any of the "good" emperors.
>>
>implying it didn't fall in 1806 with the abdication of Francis II

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>2791622

Yes, I agree with you, opinions like your's are more suited to Plebbit than this board.
>>
File: 1494381746681.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494381746681.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>2791627
>your's
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.