[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn a new language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

http://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

I want to learn a new language jusy for the heck of it.

These are the top four I want to learn (1 the most, 4 the least). Please help me order them most practical/useful to least as well.

1- Persian (Dari, family speaks it and I never bothered with it until recently)
2- Polish- latin alphabet/slavic sounding language seems super badass
3- Russian- sounds cool, learning Cyrillic would help with other languages
4- Swedish- literally just for Sabaton songs

I know Swedish will be the easiest. Will Polish or Russian be harder? Yes the former uses a Latin alphabet versus Russian's Cyrillic, but that shouldn't be such a problem as it only takes a few hours to learn a new alphabet from what I've heard.

Background: native English speaker with three years of high school French experience.
>>
>>2786106
Improve your French instead, this is a French mercantilist board
>>
>>2786122
No. I''m still salty about meme lady losing to millennial dude and I want nothing to do with that wretched caliphate.

French does sound nice though, I'll give it that.
>>
>>2786106
I'd learn whatever language my family speaks. It seems much easier than doing it alone, depending on how much you interact with your family.
>>
>>2786106
Of those four languages I would say the most useful would be russian followed by persian and polish, followed by swedish
I can't tell you which would be the most difficult language to learn, although I can personally attest that learing Russian is not easy because I have fuck all experience with Persian and Polish.
That being said AFAIK the FSI rates Russian, Polish, and Dari as all equally difficult, so chose whichever one you want.
>>
/int/ is supposed to be the language learning board
>the "im really a metalhead not a normie but i listen to the most normie repetitive metal band ever and i also like Game of Thrones"
Sabaton is garbage
>>
>>2786137
>French does sound nice though
wtf man lol it's horrible to hear
it's a atrocious mix between celtic, latin and german
They also sounds all gay
>>
>>2786191
This. "Metalhead" itself is a normie label. Normies identify themselves with the metal scene.

As a Black Metal listener, I can say that there are a lot of poseurs smearing the Black Metal scene with their metalhead faggotry.
>>
>>2786384
they dont sound gay
when romans taught their language to the gaul tribes in Galia, the tribes kept their galic pronunciation
this is why french pronunciation is the way it is nowadays
i dont know where you got that "german" from either
>>
>>2786384
Well spoken French is beautiful beyond doubt. It flows so well, but that's easy when you don't have to pronounce the end of conjugated verbs or plurals.
>>
>>2786392
>i dont know where you got that "german" from either
Maybe the influence of the people for which the language is named.
>>
>>2786106
/int/
>>
>>2786392
"Gallic" pronunciation? Explain to me then why they share the "ü" "ë" and "R" sound with Dutch and German but not with Celtic languages?
>>
>>2786106
I think Russian would have the most content. That makes it easier to learn it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.