[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of AP world history? This is for American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

What does /his/ think of AP world history? This is for American high school students taking a college-level course. A exam is going to be taken in two days by several hundred thousands kids.
>>
That was one of my school's standard AP classes for sophomore year.

Shit was easy, I was delirious and fading in and out of lucidity during the whole thing and I pulled a 4.
>>
I remember when I was going into my softmore year it was available. Applied for it as well as 4 honors classes, made it into all 4 but not APWH :( and I loved/love history. That's why I'm fucking here.
>>
>>2785484
They now absolutely try to destroy Environmental Determinism as an approach to the progress of civilizations throughout most of the actual geography unit of the class. Took a look at the review book I recommended to my class and it literally states that it is a racist bigoted false theory used by 19th century imperialists to justify their behavior. Makes it seem like a bunch of greedy politicians created it rather than Aristotle. Showing my class Guns, Germs, and Steel after the test date just to make sure that they don't get the idea the class was trying to push onto them.
>>
>>2785603
Are you a non-American co sidering your comment? Because they give anyone AP class in here.
>>
Never took it but at our school it's super duper hard
The teacher makes you write DBQs like every other week but in APUSH/AP Euro the teacher gives you like two throughout the entire year
APUSH and AP Euro were pretty lit though, got 4s on both
>>
>>2785484
It wasn't nearly eurocentric enough. One of my essay questions was about Rastafarianism the other was about sub-Saharan Africa before they developed writing.
>>
>>2785865
I mean, it's AP World. There's a separate AP Euro course for European history.
>>
at my high school, the options for sophmore history were either that or Modern World History (1918-now), so I took AP World and really liked it. was my first exposure to anything Chinese in history before WWII. Still have the damn chinese dynasty song memorized
>>
File: 1432776512514.jpg (22KB, 572x315px) Image search: [Google]
1432776512514.jpg
22KB, 572x315px
>>2785484
Took it sophomore year, was easy and I got a 5... next year took APUSH and AP Euro, tests were on the same day and got 5 on both
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.