[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bravo Estonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

What are the /his/torical reasons for Estonia becoming such a prosperous and developed country after gaining independence from the Soviet Union?

It's truly remarkable, bravo Estonia
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mart_Laar

A disciple of Milton Friedman
>>
>>2785030
It being so completely unimportant
>>
Ests spam around everywhere how great they are. They truly fare better than many other ex-USSR countries but this doesn't mean much.
>>
>>2785030
It seems just to be copying Scandinavia which works out since that area is pretty successful

Inb4 retards telling me 'BUT WHAT MUH REFUGEES IN SWEDEN'
>>
>>2786791
It's not esties doing the meme spamming. More likely someone with a bone to pick for whatever reason.

Esties are rather critical of ranking-wanking and using statistics outside of their context to evaluate the worth of a nation. When the last Prime Minister dared to state that Estie is pretty good and only needs fine-tuning and people should be proud of what they have achieved (under his party's leadership ofc). Regardless of this being to an extent forcefully structured and taken out of context, he was overwhelmingly kekked at by everyone and met with a huge backshlash which he really couldn't shake till the end of his tenure. This narrative of success was fostered by the previous President and a former prime minister mostly as a counter-point to the depression of '08. Not many bought it in Estie itself. This has been a constant object of satire ever since.

No estie would ever >bravo, estonia seriously. Ever. The disparity between ex-soviet states is seen not due to the 'greatness' of Estie ot esties or the liberal democrats, but rather due to some flaw or inability or failure of the other states. Esties don't see Estie as remarkable, just as less shit as the more shit ex-soviet states.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.