[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethnography Question- Sicily and the Caucasus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1494311439298.png (670KB, 616x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494311439298.png
670KB, 616x800px
Hey /his/, I'm curious to see if any of you have an answer here. Maybe it'll be a fun game. Recently my sister and my mother took genetic tests; the results were mostly unsurprising. But something in my sister's (and therefore, my) blood caught my eye: 11% of our ancestry was traced to the Caucasus. Defined on the program as including Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, the easternmost parts of Turkey, and the north Caucasus republics in Russia.

My mom's test on the other hand showed no Caucasus descent whatsoever. Therefore, logically that 11% must have come from our dad. His parents were both born in Sicily; his grandparents were Italian citizens who came to the USA shortly after WW2. Somehow, my dad ended up a quarter Caucasian somewhere along the line. I can't trace my family any further back than my great grandparents, and all I know about them is that they lived in Sicily and had Italian names.

Does /his/ have an answer for why this could be? Was there any significant migration from the Caucasus to Sicily? If so from what groups?

Thanks for any info.
>>
Your dad cheated on your mom anon
>>
>>2784420
Genetic tests taken long ago show that my sister and I are related to both our parents, something that is also clear just by comparing faces (I have cousins on both sides who look nigh identical to md as well), so no.
>>
>>2784410
Did they come from the left part of the island?
>>
Southern Italy had alot of influx from the Christian Near East do to historical and geographic reasons. This is where it comes from.

I'm Calabrese and have 15% West Asian DNA. 8% from Anatolia and the Levant, 7% from the Caucasus.
>>
>>2784410
>ethnography
>genetics
kek
Don't use words when you don't know what they mean
>>
>>2784793
>Don't use words when you don't know what they mean
That's how you learn, anon.
>>
>>2784768
Near Palermo, yes. What happened there?

>>2784780
That's interesting. But from where in the Near East (or was it just everywhere?) and when did this happen?
>>
>>2784898
The origin of the people who inhabitated the island, especially the western part, before the Greeks are unclear
>>
>>2784898
My own personal ancestors came from Anatolia some time during the era of the Byzantine Empire. I can't speak for anyone else.
>>
>>2784916
So how does that involve the Caucasus?
>>
>>2784410
Protip: if you did 23andme test then that's a literal Jewish scam intented to collect genetic data of random retards and the results you read are made up.
>>
>>2785939
I didn't.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.