[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do ameriburgers love to worship this event so much? Can i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: ALAMO.jpg (227KB, 630x355px) Image search: [Google]
ALAMO.jpg
227KB, 630x355px
Why do ameriburgers love to worship this event so much? Can i get a quick rundown?
>>
>>2783028
>Why do texans love to worship this event
Ftfy
>>
>>2783028
The same reason Serbs worship Kosovo.
>>
>>2783028
longstanding propaganda that became ingrained in American culture, considering it fed into the Mexican American war which gained us so much of our present territory

also Texans have an abnormally high sense of patriotism and identity from their state
>>
It's a symbolic event of national pride.
We fetishize revolution and muh independence so a bunch of American Manley men Davey Crockett types willingly defending against a siege against their dirty spic oppressors and doing rather well for themselves as they fought to the last man in the name of nationalism poo pushes every patriotic button there is.
>>
>>2783028
Because they have no culture so must glorify the inglorious
>>
>>2783028
American here, I don't get it either. It didn't accomplish anything, so you can't say it was like Thermopylae. The Greeks at Thermopylae had a huge K/D ratio and also bought essential time to evacuate Athens. The Texans at the Alamo didn't kill that many Mexicans, and stalling them didn't help accomplish some other goal in the war.

The only thing I can think is that it involved a lot of cool people; Jim Bowie, Davey Crockett, and William Traviss to name a few.
>>
>>2783440
>Texans have an abnormally high sense of patriotism and identity

Not our fault you live in a shit state. We were our own country, as was Hawaii, and we both have similar national pride.
>>
>>2783530
>our own country
>begs to be annexed after only ten years of independence

whew great nation you had there. How does it feel to be in the company of other great immortal states like Weimar Germany, Formosa and the CSA?

Texfags are so delusional
>>
>>2783467
>dirty spic oppressors
>oppressors
Weren't the Texans pissed because the Mexicans wouldn't allow slavery?
>>
>>2783028
Speaking as a midwesterner, we don't give a flying fuck. It's only Texans who care.
>>
>>2783591
Still better company than whatever non formerly independent state you're from.
:^)
>>
Because Marty Robbins made a pretty good song out of it.
>>
>>2785210
Respect their culture shitlord!
>>
>>2783028
Lol I watched a History Channel (pre-shit period, 90s and early 2000s) docu once that there's evidence that when the commanders died, and the weaker wall collapsed, the Texans made a run for it but they were cut down by Mexican Cazadores who were like light infantry skirmishers who blocked their retreat.
>>
>>2783028
Only Texashits give a fuck.
>>
>>2783028
>ameriburgers
the alamo isn't even U.S. history
>>
File: 20170510_095437.png (743KB, 493x638px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_095437.png
743KB, 493x638px
>>2783530
>>
>>2783530
>>2783591
Despite it's reputation as a cosmopolitan liberal hell hole, New York has alot of State patriotism as well.
>>
>>2787682
>New York City has a lot of state (city) pride

ftfy

I lived there for several years and they even thought their fucking water was superior. Also upstate fucking hates city people from what I saw. During college football season, all of the south undergoes intense state pride
>>
>>2787752
>they even thought their fucking water was superior.

I mean, it is good water. Don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>2787752
>>2787826
The water is superior you dolt.
>>2785252
Texas isn't unique in being independent: Hawai'i, California, and the Thirteen Colonies were all independent and sovereign at one time or another. The original Thirteen Colonies, post-independence were individual and sovereign for twelve years—until the Constitution cemented them into one nation—two years longer than Texas was independent.
>>
>>2787682
New Yorkers just think they live in the center of the world and don't really pay any attention to anything outside their city. They are some of the most ignorant people I've ever met.
>>
>>2789615
New York is a shithole. Big and relevant, but still a shithole. The streets are unreally filthy and everything smells like piss, I swear I haven't seen any other city in America being littered with such filth outside of perhaps New Orleans.
>>
>>2783521
It kinda showed that Mexico was pretty each to take really. Thermopylae was a strategic chock-point while Alamo was an unfortified church and they still stalled them up until they decided to go close range. From there, the other guys realized that if they didn't stand still they can easily just take Texas.
>>
I always thought it was just a case of Americans lionizing and glorifying pretty much anything that happens within their borders. I mean dear god look at the amount of focus that a bunch of backwoods retards shooting at each other over a fucking pig gets.
>>
>>2789639
At first I was like "Now way, what about..."
but then you said New Orleans and that was the city I was gonna say. Lol. Such a pile of trash.
>>
>>2783591
>begs to be annexed after only ten years of independence
America and Texas shared the same values, and Texas needed protection from Mexico due to their extremely small population at the time. They were joining a union to advance their values, not destroying their own nation.
>>
File: 1493589365727.png (124KB, 1014x645px) Image search: [Google]
1493589365727.png
124KB, 1014x645px
State shit flinging thread hahahahha.

Btw Texas fags, Vermont was a country longer than Texas. They couldn't go alone, none of us can now, even California.
>>
>>2790570
The only reason it took a whole decade before Texas got annexed was because Americans were worried that letting another slave state in would destabilize the country.

Your "values" helped start the Civil War.
>>
>>2785210
Eh, the Mexican government turned a blind eye towards slavery in Texas as it saw it as a necessary evil as a hedge against Native American raids (the whole reason Anglos were brought into Texas in the first place). The primary reason Texas split was that Mexico tried to centralize and did so by moving Texas' seat of government unrealistically far away (for the time) which was something Tejanos and Texans alike could not abide as it effectively removed representation in government. Most people forget that most major players in the Texan Revolution were not Anglo, but Tejano.
>>
Isn't "texas" the product of an american fifth column?
>>
>>2790606
>Your "values" helped start the Civil War.
The Civil War was the only way to end slavery in the United States and it was completely inevitable regardless of whether Texas was annexed or not.
>>
>>2790626
Nah. Most volunteers were Tejano, not Texan.
>>
>>2790639
And then whites stole their land and deported men who fought for their Independence
>>
>>2783028
It's pretty much just Texans. No one else cares.

Wake Island was a much cooler last stand anyway.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.