[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop bullying the medieval world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: slavery.gif (63KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
slavery.gif
63KB, 450x350px
why when people want to call something particularly ruthless and violent they say it's "medieval", as if Middle Ages were particularly violent, while the worst atrocities in history started with the beginning of the modern age? (genocidal colonization of America, slavery etc)
>>
Because "how good" a time period was is based upon the general quality of life for white europeans at that time.

Seeing as until you reach quite a long distance east nowhere else was relevant or significant until Europe showed up.

Medievil europe sucked for the average fella.
>>
File: IMG_0918.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0918.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>2782740
Eh...it's nuanced

Medieval times were extremely violent on an everyday level: like worse than Detroit, 70's New York, Compton, or the South Side of Chicago. Like holy shit casual violence, rape, and murder.

But in terms of wholesale slaughters, purges, genocides, and massacres? The modern age is worse.
>>
>>2783320
this

modern period is suffering for everyone else, while middle ages can be a problem for you personally.
>>
>>2782740
Per capita the medieval period was more violent than the modern era.
>>
>>2782740
Because it was the time period between the height of Rome and the 'enlightenment' so must have been barbaric even though more Latin was spoken back then
>>2783304
>white Europeans
>I would use Christendom but then I'm letting a kike on a stick win
>>
>>2782740
>why when people want to call something particularly ruthless and violent they say it's "medieval"

No one other than retarded progressives ever does that. The same goes for using the word "barbaric" as an insult.
>>
>>2783446
I've seen those statistics but I bet it's bullshit. that whole article was talkin about increasing state power and whining about religion IIRC
>>
>>2783639
Regardless of the religious stuff, don't you think more effective government would have a positive effect on homicide rates historically? I want to hear your refutation.
>>
>>2783647
of course it does, but I think the decrease in crime is more about technological progress
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.