[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre-roman Spain thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: Phoenician_trade_routes.png (400KB, 1920x862px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenician_trade_routes.png
400KB, 1920x862px
Thread for the civilized discussion of Hispania/Iberia before roman conquest
>>
File: Portugal_Viriato.jpg (79KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
Portugal_Viriato.jpg
79KB, 300x409px
>>2781469
For a couple of farmers the Lusitanians did themselves good.
>>
File: Tartessos.png (146KB, 840x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tartessos.png
146KB, 840x500px
Anyone got a good map of the celtibarian villages and cities pre-roman conquest? I can only seem to find the roman maps, where Numancia has been wiped off the map.
>>
>>2781485
if the iberian tribes defended hispania in the alps, the roman conquest would have taken 200 years more i swear
also, i find it silly for modern countries to claim heroes from 1000 years before their time
Portugal is very modern compared to Viriato
>>
File: MapaNumanciaenCeltiberos.jpg (32KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
MapaNumanciaenCeltiberos.jpg
32KB, 500x386px
>>2781495
nvm, found a decent one, although it doesnt show the smallest fortified villages in Gallaecia and other parts.
>>
dame la pĂ­ldora roja sobre los Visigodos
>>
>>2781520
Fathers of modern Spain
maybe an overrated symbol of unity, used for the later christian kingdoms to unify the peninsula
then portugal and the british happened
>>
File: 450_1000.jpg (54KB, 450x301px) Image search: [Google]
450_1000.jpg
54KB, 450x301px
castrense celts
>>
>>2781520
Coolest names
>>
File: Iberia and Sardinia.jpg (36KB, 558x370px) Image search: [Google]
Iberia and Sardinia.jpg
36KB, 558x370px
>>2781495
There are interesting links between Pre-Phoenician and early Pheonician Iberia and Sardinia, especially in the area of Tartessos (Huelva?)

>The following article addresses the study of
the relations between Sardinia and the Iberian
Peninsula during the first centuries of the 1st
millennium BC with particular attention to the
role of the Nuragic populations. The discovery of
an increasing amount of Nuragic tradition pottery
in southern Spain requires a reflection on the times
and ways that led Sardinian sailors and craftsmen to
work on Iberian soil. The discussion will be mainly
addressed on the one hand to assessing the impact
of these contacts on the local population and on the
other to clarifying how Nuragic Sardinia fitted into
a wider context of international relations between
the eastern Mediterranean and the Atlantic in
which, over time, the Phoenician element took on
an increasingly important role.

"Ripensando i contatti fra Sardegna e Penisola Iberica"

They adopted a similar type of sword starting frome the 11th millenium bc, also interestingly enough a stelae with the Name Tarshish (Tartessus) was found at Nora, in Sardinia, it's the only mention of Tartessus west of the Levant.

A Roman legend connects the foundation of Nora from colonizers who originated from Tartessus in Iberia, however from the archaeological record it seems it was the Sardinians going westwards and not the opposite.
>>
File: Languages_of_pre-Roman_Iberia.jpg (81KB, 934x744px) Image search: [Google]
Languages_of_pre-Roman_Iberia.jpg
81KB, 934x744px
>>2781894
pretty interesting
>>
>>2782041
https://books.google.it/books?id=tN-kBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT598&lpg=PT598&dq=huelva+nuragic+pottery&source=bl&ots=gTJaUh7vks&sig=zJzV8UMPijmxF_Xx8U672tgqR_c&hl=it&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiew7-hwuLTAhUBbVAKHa1sDRw4ChDoAQg6MAc#v=onepage&q=huelva%20nuragic%20pottery&f=false
>>
>>2781502
>alps are defended
>sail to the south instead
woah, romans btfo!
>>
File: Los_Millares_recreacion_cuadro.jpg (182KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
Los_Millares_recreacion_cuadro.jpg
182KB, 1024x739px
It's a shame we didn't get any good book about the pre-roman (or during the conquest) books, something like the Gallic wars be Caesar or something, we have to piecemeal iberian and celtiberian history from a miriad of sources. Also than the few bronze and lead inscriptions are in a language than we can't decipher is another bummer.
Even people in the Peninsula tend to not care much about ancient iberian past (quite a shame because it's a fucking long time if you count the first hominids from 1.2millions years ago) but eh, at least we have cool ruins everywhere like los Millares (an early copper age settlement) and a fucktone of megaliths here and there.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.