/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the USS Liberty incident.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1494231598287.jpg (53KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494231598287.jpg
53KB, 657x527px
Redpill me on the USS Liberty incident.
>>
https://pastebin.com/fwMxg8P1

This guy gave the most convincing explanation I've ever read of it.

TL;DR Israelis are so incompetent that it would actually be less embarrassing if it had been a deliberate attack.
>>
>>2777322
Literally nothing. The Israelis were in the middle of the 6 day war. They see an unidentified ship close to their coasts, so they make the decision to hit it.
Shit like this happens literally all the time in the military. The US has shot down passenger jets thinking they were enemy planes before, so it's not impossible or even improbable, especially during times of high tension. Israel didn't have anything to gain by attacking the USS Liberty.
>>
>>2777327
how the fuck did the joos get away with it, they literally murdered over 30 people due to being retarded, if I was in charge I would have made sure they paid for it properly.
>>
>>2777343
Keep in mind that when this happened, the US had half a million troops in Vietnam.

The US didn't have the resources or the inclination to get into any kind of shit in the Middle East.

Also, at this stage the Arabs were still in the Soviet bloc, and the US hates gommies. The US would eventually steal the Egyptians out from under the Soviets by offering them more money than the Soviets could afford to offer, but that didn't happen until the 70s.
>>
File: 1490582527204.jpg (46KB, 462x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490582527204.jpg
46KB, 462x500px
>>2777356
Doesn't it set a bad precedent for people to be able to murder your guys and then just be like "oh yeah our bad here's a pathetically small amount of compensation."
>>
>>2777357
The Iraqis did it too during the Iran-Iraq War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Stark_incident

We stayed allies with them anyway because Iran had killed even more American soldiers, and because balance of power.

The military exists to advance foreign policy. If the politicians think they can advance America's interests or their own interests at the cost of soldier's lives, they will.
>>
>>2777343
>I was in charge I would have made sure they paid for it properly.
But they paid for it.

>In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3.32 million (equivalent to US$22.9 million in 2016) to the U.S. government in compensation to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3.57 million ($23.3 million in 2016) to the men who had been wounded. In December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million ($17.4 million in 2016) as the final settlement for material damage to Liberty itself plus 13 years' interest
>>
>>2777373
wow 22 million such a sacrifice for the government.
>>
>>2777339
>They see an unidentified ship close to their coasts

The American flag was clearly posted on the ship.
>>
>>2777376
Shit happens. When there is something to gain from the incident you push it, when there is nothing to gain you muffle it.

On related note: was there ever a war over blue on blue incident?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.