[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Forgotten IMPORTANT historical figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Andrei_Zhdanov_cutout.png (27KB, 191x266px) Image search: [Google]
Andrei_Zhdanov_cutout.png
27KB, 191x266px
This is Andrei Zhdanov. He was Stalin's #2 and chosen successor till he got sick and died
>>
What kind of person was he? And why him?
>>
>>2775226
He was a loyal stalinist who was able to predict and execute what stalin wanted in any situation without stalin ever having to ask him to.
>>
>>2775344
Which means that sooner or later he would decide that he was too smart and was planning a coup.
>>
>>2775352
probably
>>
>>2775352
Or Stalin gets suspicious, deems him too much of a risk, and has him dragged from his home in the middle of the night before being tried and executed on trumped-up charges.
>>
>>2775352
Probably better for Zhdanov that he died of a sickness than Stalin
>>
>>2775184
>>
File: kareem-abdul-jabbar-4.jpg (60KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
kareem-abdul-jabbar-4.jpg
60KB, 300x421px
>>2776464
>>
File: 220px-Hilleman-Walter-Reed.jpg (14KB, 220x336px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Hilleman-Walter-Reed.jpg
14KB, 220x336px
Maurice Ralph Hilleman
He is credited with saving more lives than any other medical scientist of the 20th century.
>>
>In June 1948, Stalin sent Zhdanov to the Cominform meeting in Bucharest. The purpose of the meeting was to condemn Yugoslavia, but Zhdanov took a more restrained line, in contrast to his co-delegate and rival Georgy Malenkov. This infuriated Stalin, who removed Zhdanov from all his posts and replaced him with Malenkov. Zhdanov was transferred to a sanatorium, where he died. It is possible that his death was the result of an intentional misdiagnosis.[3]
Hmmm, really makes you think
>>
>>2776540
>Maurice Ralph Hilleman

how how I not heard of him before lol.
>>
>>2776549
Probably because he wasn't a member of the tribe
>>
My grandpa flew a fighter jet under the golden gate bridge at super sonic speed in the late 50s and got demoted. The fighter squadron he was in had 90% casualties in Nam so my millennial ass wouldn't be here to mow his lawn 50 yrs later if not for his crazy ass
>>
File: Shamil_Basaev2.jpg (20KB, 250x343px) Image search: [Google]
Shamil_Basaev2.jpg
20KB, 250x343px
pictured here is the famous chechen jihadist Shamil basayev, leader of the Supreme Military Majlis-ul Shura of the United Mujahideen Forces of the Caucasus, he was a hero to his people in the Republic of Chechnya, a military genius succesfull in driving the 12.000 russian forces during the siege of grozny in the first chechen war with less than 1500 militant. for years he engaged in a devastating guerilla warfare against the russian forcess winning many engagements despite Russia's overwhelming manpower, weaponry, and air support .The resulting widespread demoralization of federal forces and the almost universal opposition of the Russian public to the conflict led Boris Yeltsin's government to declare a ceasefire with the Chechens in 1996 and sign a peace treaty a year later.

RIP in peace lion of kavkaz
>>
>>2775184
>R*ssians
>important
pick and only one
>>
>>2776577
>The fighter squadron he was in had 90% casualties
the most any squadron took was something like 48%

ya grandpaps was a POG, son
>>
>>2776927
I learned about his existence yesterday from a youtube video about Chechen wars. His buddies say he died accidently and Russians say they killed him. Not sure what's better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.