[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he free the slaves? Was he drunk or something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: speeches_lincoln[1].jpg (25KB, 360x235px) Image search: [Google]
speeches_lincoln[1].jpg
25KB, 360x235px
Why did he free the slaves? Was he drunk or something?
>>
Athens freed the spartan slaves, when they could. They certainly didn't free their own slaves. It's just a legitimate strategy during war.
>>
>>2773791
because he was part of a pro-abolition party and enough slave states had seceded making such a constitutional amendment feasible
>>
The emancipation proclamation promised that any CSA state that rejoined the union would get to keep their slaves.However this was only if they rejoined less than 100 days after the proclamation.No CSA states rejoined and Lincoln is remembered as a negro Moses.
>>
He freed the slaves in union occupied territory and the south. Slaves in union slave states had to wait until congress passed the 13th amendment to the constitution to be freed.
>>
>starts war that doesn't have a huge amount of popular support behind it
>despite having greater resources, industrial capacity, and manpower union routinely gets its shit kicked in for first two years of the war
>shit gets so unpopular NYC has a draft riot that requires navy to bombard the city, offices of New York Times defended from anti conscription rioters with Gatling guns
>remote possibility that despite its slavery CSA could get support of a European power
>"Oh yeah guys, this was a moral crusade against slavery the whole time, ignore all that nationalist rhetoric you weren't willing to go to war over before"
>people still don't want to fight to free slaves but it generates enough support to last through the end of the war
>basically prevents CSA from getting any Euro state support and they're fucked after Gettysburg

And that's how a mediocre,unpopular politician convinced us all he was the greatest president of all time. The end.
>>
>>2773791
To guarantee a lasting peace with the South by eliminating the primary point of contention, to invalidate any chance of foreign involvement by make the war definitely about slavery, and to further destroy the Confederates wartime economy.
>>
>>2773987
Shouldn't you be in the welfare line, Cletus? Reading and writting is for Northerners. "Academia", we call it.
>>
>>2773995
With what in my post do you take issue? I basically just stated everything that was laid out in >>2773989 in greentext form.
>>
>>2773995
There is literally nothing wrong with being Cletus.
>>
>>2773791
to send them back to africa, the monroe plan, research it.
>>
>>2773999
But it's all wrong. The North didn't get its shit kicked in, they participated in "soft war" to spare the South. Lincoln though he was fighting a political war and the South wasn't as stupid to really secede. The war was never "unpopular" insofar as any war, conscription riots occurred because the rich weren't being conscripted. Both sides did not like this. The South never had a chance at an ally with Europe, the best they could do was trade, talk, and get international recognition. The emancipation proclamation and subsequently the 14th amendment were popular, seeing as how they both went forward with popular support due to them. Lincoln was elected fairly and no-one, not even the South, contested that. The fireeaters even sabotaged their own party so they could secede when Lincoln was elected. 1 republican candidate and 3 democrat ones.

Lincoln was a phenomenal president, politically savvy, diplomatic genius and a military pragmatist.
>>
File: 51HWOu-TpnL.jpg (39KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
51HWOu-TpnL.jpg
39KB, 333x500px
>>2774007
This,
>>
>>2774007
Not a good plan, in hindsight. Be like dropping bostonians in the middle of Ireland.
>>
>>2774022
Also, NC fired the first shot and started the Civil War. Fort Sumter was government property filled with military men. NC militia fired on a civilian steamer en route to relieve the besieged men.
>>
>>2774039
It would be beneficial for actual Americans.
>>
>>2774056
>Also, NC fired the first shot and started the Civil War. Fort Sumter was government property filled with military men. NC militia fired on a civilian steamer en route to relieve the besieged men.

>south sends diplomats to negotiate what to do with federal properties
>Lincoln turns them away
>south issues ultimatum about reinforcing federal forts in the south
>lincoln goes ahead and reinforces fort anyway

The fact you can't even get the state where all this happened right tells me you're either European or retarded.
>>
>>2774116
>give me your car
>"No"
>okay now I can assault you and steal your car lmao
Southerner negro genes on display
>>
>>2774139
more like
>buy my car from the dealer
>find one day that car salesman is sitting in my car
>says that me buying the car was illegitimate and it was still the dealership's
>very clearly present to him the argument and proof that I own the car
>offer to negotiate on keeping it despite the fact its clearly mine
>he refuses to get out so you physically remove him
>>
>>2773995
>Reading and writting is for Northerners.
>writting
>>
it was nothing but mere trickery in order to fool the masses into thinking he's a hero, while fighting the men and women who stood by god's guidance in order to establish the filthy materialistic secular rule over all of northern america, followed by the entirety of the world in which we live in today.

Now not one county rules by the word of god, not even the ones we're made to believe they do such as the Vatican or even Arabia.

And now man kind is witnessing the start of the great fiery deluge, in which the world will be purified from the filth of secularism.
>>
He liked the black cock
>>
>>2774176
How was a Union victory in the war a victory for secularism?
>>
Maybe he believed that people shouldn't be enslaved?
>>
>>2774176
the union was fighting on the side of god

no god-fearing christian would protect an institution as immoral and godless as slavery
>>
>>2774273
This. It's an institution as unchristian as they come.
>>
It's fascinating, reading the diaries of soldiers, just how clear-cut each individual's reasons for fighting were: to defend their homelands from tyranny, to preserve the union, to fight the idea that one man might have ownership over another, for honor, so on and so forth. Sons volunteering to save their father conscription and vice-versa. Poor men, largely immigrants, fighting for their new home and/or because they couldn't afford the fee to avoid conscription.

Man, what an age. Wonder if anything could rouse the average American to such a furor as to take up arms against his own countrymen once again.
>>
File: Civilwarhistorians.jpg (126KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
Civilwarhistorians.jpg
126KB, 500x701px
>>2773995
when will they learn
>>
>>2774176
The fuck did you come from? Westboro?
No, wait, Phelps was pro-Civil Rights Movement. Seriously, the fuck?
>>
>>2774498
Go to reddit
>>
>>2774506
I'll go to Reddit if you agree to go to /pol/.
>>
>>2774498
I actually recently looked into that. It's insane. You'd have never imagined someone who hates gays that much would be such an ardent supporter of Civil Rights.
>>
>>2774022
>Lincoln was a phenomenal president,
You all know the Constitution? Let me just violate it..
>a military pragmatist.
If we rape kill and torturer worse than normal that means it ends sooner lol, let's war crime them until they lose
>>
>>2774156
This
>>
File: Abe quote 3.jpg (111KB, 1008x416px) Image search: [Google]
Abe quote 3.jpg
111KB, 1008x416px
>>
>>2775287
Fort Sumter was federal property as ceded to the federal government by South Carolina in 1836 though.
>>
>>2774084
A lot that we exposed to about the USA comes from Black people, things like:
Basketball, Jazz, Rap, Blues, MJ, Chuck Berry, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Muhammad Ali...
>>
>>2774156

>very clearly present to him the argument and proof that I own the car

States don't own federal property in their state.

It's as simple as that.
>>
>>2773987
>starts war
Stopped reading right there
Everybody knows the north didn't start the war.
>>
>>2774475
Who are these people? Only one I know is Gallagher.
>>
>>2775377
What political bodies consented to the creation of the general government?
>>2775627
>Everybody knows the north didn't start the war.
then who did, Charlie Sheen?
>>
>>2775836
>then who did, Charlie Sheen?
The Rebels who illegally seceded and then fired on soldiers of the legitimate government carrying out their legitimate duties
>>
>>2773987
>>2774056
>>2774116
>>2774156
>>2775287
>>2775836
>Muh Fort Sumter was Confederate clay

The people living on that island certainly didn't want to be a part of the CSA. Why did the confederacy refuse to accept the right of the people of Fort Sumter to peacefully secede from the confederacy? Why did the Union have to step in to protect these people from a tyrannical central government?
>>
File: Are_you_just_gonna_post_that.png (10KB, 754x406px) Image search: [Google]
Are_you_just_gonna_post_that.png
10KB, 754x406px
>>2773987
>Starts war
>>
>>2775884
>illegally seceded
Nice meme

>>2775893
Did the 13 colonies have or not have a right to secede from the British Empire?

>>2775907
He didn't start a fucking telethon.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.