[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What country has the coolest history and why is it this one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Ethiopia_flag_map.png (49KB, 2048x1575px) Image search: [Google]
Ethiopia_flag_map.png
49KB, 2048x1575px
What country has the coolest history and why is it this one?
>>
File: 1494158639960.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494158639960.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
Top Tier history for sure. Have you read of prophet Muhammad's short time there in exile? Our ancestors are from the foothills of that region. Times of wealth and prosperity and times of great poverty. Just a rich well documented history in general. It's nice we have access to it in ways we don't to the Gauls, Inca, and other societies where records are lacking.
>>
>>2773238
Humans originated there.
>>
File: Murud-Janjira.png (3KB, 345x220px) Image search: [Google]
Murud-Janjira.png
3KB, 345x220px
>smacks lips
>>
File: GondaC.jpg (155KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
GondaC.jpg
155KB, 1024x682px
Am I the only one who thinks that Ethiopia should reestablish its monarchy? I feel like what the Horn of Africa needs right now is a strong, authoritarian government right now in order to create order and prosperity. Democracy, there, is far too corrupt and inefficient.

Somalia is an absolute mess, Eritrea is a wannabe Orwellian nightmare, etc. The Horn needs to be unified under an Oriental Christian, Abyssinian monarchy.
>>
>>2773369
This is a good post
>>
>>2773238
Starvation and flies?
>>
>>2773369
>le brown people can only succeed through the efforts of a strong autocratic leader
>not a cause of plenty of their problems
kys
>>
>>2773392
Hahahaha xdddd le funny mee mee
>>
File: MogadishuOldTown.jpg (53KB, 662x286px) Image search: [Google]
MogadishuOldTown.jpg
53KB, 662x286px
>>2773387
thank you

>>2773399
This is not what I was implying. Most of the democracies in Africa are functioning fine, and I hope this continues to be the case.

The strong autocratic leaders that rose to power and fucked everything up were just idiotic generals. There was no basis, ideology or motivation behind their ascent to power; it was just a lust for power and violence.

The Horn of Africa's recent history has been, as >>2773392
said, starvation and flies. This does not have to be the case.

Pic: some of the last remains of Mogadishu's old town, built in the medieval period
>>
>>2773399
It's not because they're brown but because an autocratic ruler can develop and build infrastructure faster. Once the country is caught up with the rest of the world, and only needs to keep up instead of make leaps forward, the country can switch back to a democratic government.
>>
>>2773456
This more or less worked for Nepal
>>
>>2773473
It should work in most any country, providing the king/dictator/whatever is someone who genuinely cares about his country and his people
>>
>>2773452
Somalia was actually doing pretty well until the government was ousted. Note that it along with Libya had a colonial history with Italy. It would be a shame if some of the perks of having a governless state such as low price of telecoms due the competition from lack of monopolies were lost.
Maybe sedentary life just isn't apt for the culture either.
>>
>>2773539
read >>2773456
>>
>>2773452
All the destruction does have a kind of appeal to it and it should be preserved around the city.
>>
File: 1488568097189.jpg (174KB, 701x599px) Image search: [Google]
1488568097189.jpg
174KB, 701x599px
>>2773238
That's a weirdly shaped map of Spain you got there friendo
>>
>>2773551
That's what it was doing until "rebels" put a stop to it. Apparently Libya had supported the overthrow too in which case what goes around comes around.
>>
>>2773582
Even Tuvalu has a more interesting history than Spain
>>
>>2773369
Ethiopia already has a strong authoritarian government on the China model.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.