[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favourites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-Count-Duke_of_Olivares.jpg (283KB, 800x1056px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Count-Duke_of_Olivares.jpg
283KB, 800x1056px
How do you feel about Favourites /his/? Do you think they were a good or a bad thing for the monarchies of the modern age?
>>
>>2771763
They were needed. Some kings were just not fit to rule and needed an strong man to do most of the work for them
>>
File: 8l_duke_of_Lerma_(Rubens).jpg (270KB, 800x1121px) Image search: [Google]
8l_duke_of_Lerma_(Rubens).jpg
270KB, 800x1121px
the problem is when the favourite of the king is a corrupted fucker like this
>>
>>2771834
Yep, Olivares was an excellent favourite though, he could have done much better than Felipe IV if he had been the king. A shame Catalonia and Portugal fucked everything up
>>
>>2771822
First post best post, some kings were legitimately retarded for example.
>>
File: 220px-W._Humer_002.jpg (10KB, 220x266px) Image search: [Google]
220px-W._Humer_002.jpg
10KB, 220x266px
>>2771859
Wut r u tlkin bout bruh
>>
>>2771834
Lerma kicked the moriscos,achieved the Twelve Years' Truce,cucked the barbary pirates,was responsible the treaty of London and improved vastly the relationship with the Austrian Habsburgs. He wasn't that bad. Just a very corrupt real state pimp
>>
>>2771876
I thing the treaty of London was an achievement of James I rather than Lerma.
>>
>>2771887
It was pretty favourable to Spain. Unless you think that England would have lost even more if it wasn't signed
>>
>>2771891
It was favourable to Spain but it gave an image of weakness that eventually led to sign the twelve year's truce with the dutch rebels. I understand that Spain was exhausted after war had been constant since the reformation started but things could have gotten better if they had invested in infrastructures rather than spending all the money from America trying to keep the Netherlands
>>
>>2771913
Spain relied more from the trade with Flandes than from the trade with America. Most of the crown's money came from Castile not for America. The gold and silver were just a fraction of the crown's income. And building some roads wasn't as necessary as keeping the Flandes trade safe
>>
>>2771954
I know anon, my point is that if they had focused in improving the trade with America which had way more resources than Flandes, the price revolution would have been less painful for Spain. Meaning that the monarchy might had succeeded even in the Flandes war
>>
>>2771981
>>2771981
I am not so sure about that.Maybe if some manufacturing had been allowed in America the inflation hit would have been smaller.But no one knew how inflation worked back then and Flandes was the wealthiest region in Europe>>2771981
>>2771981
>>
>>2771990
Flandes was the wealthiest region in Europe because the climate was so fucked up that it forced them to improve in any way possible. For example, Castile had better soil but the means of production were way less developed than in Flandes
>>
>>2772010
Castile had more "heavy" manufacturing than Flandes. In the sense that it was a large iron and steal producer,had a huge naval sector, both for military and commercial purposes, and it was one of the biggest weapon producers in Europe. The problem was that in a pre-industrial society "light" manufacturing like cloth production,tapestry production or jewelry production had bigger profit margin. And Flandes was the main producer of those things at the time
>>
>>2772042
I didn't know about Castile manufactures anon, I wish I was an expert and hope I'll be some day. Thanks for sharing your knowledge
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.