[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy shows up in your village, how do you respond?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

This guy shows up in your village, how do you respond?
>>
Ask how In can help and work as directed tirelessly until I die of plague or he leaves.
>>
>>2771041
Start avoiding unclean odors
>>
File: WsC4R.png (693KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
WsC4R.png
693KB, 1200x802px
>>2771041
>>
>>2771041
Don't let him any where near my family.

These guys probably did more to spread the disease than any one else. Their intentions may have been pure and clean, but their medical tools sure weren't.

Then go home and tell everyone that I had a vision from God that it was the fleas and the rats which were spreading the disease.
>>
oh shit is that a motherfucking bloodborne reference
>>
>>2771069
>>2771070
Lol!

You're somehow implying that the Doctors spread the plague...

But they showed up after the plague had arrived...

Which makes your basic premise an impossibility...
>>
>>2771089
No it's not.

Bloodborne was an /x/ reference
>>
>>2771041
>tfw will never get a cool 17th century rpg setting because everything cool like birdmaskguy has been pinched to spice up boring medieval settings
>>
>>2771041
follow him around town and smack the back of his head, when I get bored I'll throw an empty beer can at him and steal his bird mask before running away
>>
>>2771041
Mistake him for an emu and grab my superior gum-sab reinforced Woomera (spear-thrower to you gaijins)
>>
>>2771101
They may not have initially spread the plague in a village, but the actions they took when they arrived spread it further. Learn basic English before replying to a post anon jesus christ.
>>
>>2771101

>doctor visits plague victims, treats them by draining their infected buboes with a knife
>doctor then immediately goes to his next non-plague patients and treats them by bleeding them with the same knife that hasn't been washed in any meaningful way
>plague doctor then goes home and stops by the market where he coughs and sneezes over everything and everyone
>doesn't spread the plague
>>
>>2771151
So how come the plague doctors didn't get the plague genius?
>>
>>2771174

Not sure if trolling...
>>
God he's so weird
>>
>>2771181
No seriously why wouldn't the doctors get the plague?
>>
>>2771185

They did.
>>
>>2771185
Because of their robes and stuff. They had their entire body covered. Fleas had a hard time biting them.
>>
>>2771201

If you are draining oozing infected lymph nodes by pricking them with a scalpel, with no knowledge of germ theory to tell you to thoroughly clean your hands, clothes and equipment before taking them home for the day, being bitten by fleas is the least of your worries
>>
File: 1486645856756.png (215KB, 2658x2298px) Image search: [Google]
1486645856756.png
215KB, 2658x2298px
>>2771256
>with no knowledge of germ theory to tell you to thoroughly clean your hands, clothes and equipment before taking them home for the day,
People didn't understand germ theory but they did understand that washing stuff was a good idea.
>>
>>2771731

Yeah, that's why they didn't wash between treating patients...
>>
>>2771731

Actually the discovery that it was a good idea for doctors to wash their hands was only made in the 19th Century.
>>
>>2771762
and guy who tried to tell other to wash hands was ridiculed into suicide
>>
>>2771741
They did though, there's plenty of mention of it in antique and medieval literature.
>>
>>2771779

Please, provide a source for ancient and medieval surgeons and physicians washing between patients, rather than people washing in general.
>>
>>2771779

What he >>2771789 said and I want the sources to include descriptions of how they thoroughly cleaned their clothes and equipment.
>>
>>2771731

They honestly did not understand that there are germs or any agent spreading the sickness sticking to your hands, washing hands thouroughly after treating a patient was a waste of water, considering you get your hands dirty again. It already took a considerable time for people to distance themselves from the fervent belief that a sickness was some kind of curse or gods judgement and even after they did they believed in some kinds of essences spreading the sickness, not knowing exactly how they were spread and just assuming that contact with the patient might cause you to get sick.
If you would completely erase the idea of some organisms causing the sickness from you mind, you also would have a very difficult time explaining how the hell your patient always get sick without you getting sick.
>>
http://historyforatheists.blogspot.lt/2017/04/cats-black-death-and-pope.html
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.