[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Political Order and Political Decay by fukuyama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: decay.jpg (115KB, 730x1080px) Image search: [Google]
decay.jpg
115KB, 730x1080px
Anyone read this?
>Political Order and Political Decay by Fukuyama
/his/ Thoughts on it?
>>
He was right. Muslims are irrelevant and powerless in the long run and we will all be prosperous Rhineland capitalist by 2050. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>2770446
wut
I've only read the first chapter and want to see other peoples thoughts on the book as a whole.
>>
Only read Origins of Political Order.

It's pretty good. A solid general theory of development without the huge selection problems of Why Nations Fail or gaps of Guns, Germs, and Steel.

I still think the best big explainer book for politics is Stephen Pinker's The Blank Slate though, ironic because he's a neuroscientist not a political scientist.

Reading Blank Slate and Origins back to back would be a great start though.
>>
>>2770496
Don't
>>
>>2770437
Fukuyama is the worst hack of his generation. He's the humanities equivalent of a soap opera.
>>
>>2770437
Yes.

It's well-thought out and intellectually honest.

The only bad parts are his strawman attacks on libertarians, which I hope can just be dismissed as polemic asides.

The Origins of Political Order is also good, though I personally disagree with his understanding of religion, but I can hardly blame him, and it's not that important. I'm just a nit-picky faggot.

Also, disregard anyone who calls Fukuyama a hack. These opinions are based on caricatures of his book The End of History and the Last Man, which is hardly as optimistic about liberal democracy as people think. This should be evident just given that the title refers to Nietzsche's Last Man. It shows the level of education these people have.
>>
>>2774391
>Also, disregard anyone who calls Fukuyama a hack. These opinions are based on caricatures of his book The End of History and the Last Man, which is hardly as optimistic about liberal democracy as people think. This should be evident just given that the title refers to Nietzsche's Last Man. It shows the level of education these people have.
Ok, I'll bite.

Prove it.

Not even trying to be provocative, I would just like to hear you explain your reasoning

first time posting in this thread, btw
>>
>>2774391
I've been interested in reading Fukuyama. What would recommend reading first?
>>
>>2770437
He has a leftist bias to a lot of his scenarios. It is subtle and you only realize later on when you are reading the book it becomes a little preachy and opinionated. Good book overall, but like everything read it carefully.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>2770437
>What we may be witnessing is not just the end of the Cold War, or the passing of a particular period of post-war history, but the end of history as such … That is, the end point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government.
>>
>>2770496
I liked it. It's a good overview of different government systems and how good systems break down as a result of similar processes. It's very well cited and a real page-turner. I learned a lot that I wouldn't have otherwise.
>>
>>2774988
Fukuyama is a certified neocon who worked with fucking Reagan my dude.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.