[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yo Albert Speer >lets raze Berlin and rebuild it lmao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (7KB, 184x176px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 184x176px
>yo Albert Speer
>lets raze Berlin and rebuild it lmao
>>
>>2770423
He was clearly on drugs when this picture was taken!!!
>>
>>2770458
one eye on Moscow, the other on London
>>
>>2770458
Is this photo even really him? He looks like a potato.
>>
>implying it all didn't work out according to plan
>>
>>2770551
>"In ten years you will not recognize Berlin."
>-Adolf Hitler, 1935
>>
>>2770423
If he did that it would've been the fascist Cultural Revolution.

The mao kind.
>>
Looks spectacular but was impossible to built.
>>
>>2770561
wew

>1939, Wehrmacht troops march in Warsaw
>1940, Wehrmacht troops march in Paris

>1945, Polish troops march to Berlin's Victory Column and fly 3 Polish flags from the top
>1945, French troops are given their own occupation zone in Germany
poetic justice

>>2770583
muh weather indoors
muh rain due to everyone breathing
>>
>>2770466
Dubs confirm this
>>
"I din known nuffin about no holocaust"

~albert speer 1945
>>
>>2770666
yeah that always seemed like bullshit to me
>>
>>2770788
I'd be more worried about the physics of the huge dome and the unstable foundations.
>>
>>2770666
>much weather indoors
I think the problem is that Berlin is essentially a swamp and couldn't have accommodated so much weight.

This weather thing sounds interesting tho. Sauce?
>>
>>2770583
the dome looks god awful tbqh. No sense of proportion.
>>
>>2770824
>This weather thing sounds interesting tho. Sauce?
I heard it from a history channel documentary, from back in the day when they did those things. It had to with Speer/Hitler's vision for a new Berlin
>>
Tell me about this plan for Berlin? I'm awfully interested.
>>
>>2770878
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welthauptstadt_Germania

>At the northern end of the boulevard, Speer planned to build the Volkshalle, a huge assembly hall with a dome which would have been over 700 feet (210 m) high, with floor space for 180,000 people. At the southern end of the avenue a great triumphal arch would rise; it would be almost 400 feet (120 m) high, and able to fit the Arc de Triomphe inside its opening.

>When Speer's father saw the model for the new Berlin, he said to his son, "You've all gone completely insane."[42]
>>
>>2770466
kek
>>
>>2770583
lol they even painted the evil looking clouds, did Hitler really believed he was an anime villian?
>>
>>2771040
>Berlin is built on soft ground/marsh
>Those huge buildings would've literally sunk into the ground
>>
Fuck you I like Germania. An imitation of ancient Rome is better than all of the soulless cosmopolitan indistinct generic crap that you can find in every city of the world nowadays. Super ambitious architecture and mass public work projects should come back.
>>
>>2770839
Wonder who drew it
>>
>>2771200
probably some rejected austrian artist
>>
File: moscow-palace-of-soviets-3.jpg (397KB, 1772x1374px) Image search: [Google]
moscow-palace-of-soviets-3.jpg
397KB, 1772x1374px
better or worse than its proposed soviet counterpart?
>>
>>2771145
IIRC they literally built a giant concrete block to see if the ground could actually support any of these buildings
>>
>>2771212

>that colossal monument to a filthy russian peasant

triggered
>>
>>2771212

Hitler's greatest crime was interrupting the construction of this.
>>
>Germania
Pathetic
Couldn't they have come up with an actually Germanic name? It only made them look like shitty larpers.

Reminds me of how in Poland some people want to name the Silesian metropolitan Area "Silesia" in Polish. Fucking cringe. It sounds awful. There are literally no placenames in Poland that have Latin origins. All are of Slavic, Germanic or Baltic origin.
>>
>the nazis never got around to destroying Berlin's comfy pedestrian-oriented European city layout and replacing it with a cancerous Americanesq vehicle-oriented infrastructure

I'm glad tbqh
>>
>>2770824
Just drill fuckhuge piles all the way down to the bedrock.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.