[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kings of Africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 4085097248.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
4085097248.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
Can we just have an honest discussion and finally put this to rest.

General African Kingdoms thread.
>Berebers
>Nubia
>Ethiopia
>Egypt
>southern Tribal kingdoms

No memeing
No bullshit
No "WE"

Did Africa have LEGIT kings in the acient times and middle ages? And has the eternal aryian European underminded and discredited factual evidence for self gain?
>>
>>2770024
>african KANGdoms
I'm a /pol/ack and the only African state I've ever respected was Rwanda. Recovering from a genocide and then destroying Congo, a country with more than 4 times it's people and a dozen times it's size. You can keep meming about yiur mud worshipping niggers but if you want to actually see a respectable black country looo to Rwanda.
>>
>>2770024
there has been many african kingdoms, just not many that match East/South Asian Kingdoms or South/West European kingdoms UNLESS said African kingdom
>was founded by peoples outside of Africa
>resided in North Africa
>>
Of course Africans had kings. the idea of "kangs" is because Black Africans think they were the kings of ancient Egypt when at best by using a general metric to define "black" people, only one short lived Egyptian dynasty was Black.
>>
File: Kongo art of St. Anthony.jpg (39KB, 411x625px) Image search: [Google]
Kongo art of St. Anthony.jpg
39KB, 411x625px
>>2770024
Afonso I of Kongo led his people using teachings from Portuguese and Christianity to overcome a coup. Catholicism was a big part of Kongo nobility. St. Anthony was the patron saint of their monarchy and people
>>
File: 1482054249918s.jpg (9KB, 250x147px) Image search: [Google]
1482054249918s.jpg
9KB, 250x147px
>>2770024
You know you can't have an good discussion about Blacks or Africans

>>2770042
Stop jacking off Rwanda pleb.
>>
>>2770048
>was founded by peoples outside of Africa

that applies to none of them since the vast majority started from indigenous peoples and north Africa is still a part of Africa.
>>
>Not mentioning Mali
>Not mentioning other western kingdoms

Obligatory WE
>>
>>2770092
>Stop jacking off Rwanda pleb.
t. mobutu
>>
File: 1.jpg (555KB, 922x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
555KB, 922x1263px
>>2770024
Back in the early 1500s, the Conquistador Francisco de Orellana was attempting to send his army resources to keep on fighting. Ordered to explore a nearby river, he fucked up and had to (with his crew) travel along the entirety of the Amazon Basin in what's known today as history's greatest exploration voyage.

When he eventually reached territory held by his fellow Spaniards, he was exhilarated because he had seen multiple villages or even towns large enough to be called cities throughout his travels. Excited by the prospects, this led to hundreds of thousands of Spaniards invading South America in the next few centuries.

They found nothing and Orellana was known as a liar even by his death bed.

It's only relatively recently that the belief that the Amazon was incapable of supporting civilization was disproven. The Natives within the lands were wiped out (most likely by disease) and they reverted back to their hunter/gatherer lifestyle. Deforestation of the Amazon has exposed us to miles & miles of earthworks, canals/waterways, pottery and extensive land forming.

And this was hidden only four fucking centuries ago. Who knows what other civilizations could have risen and fallen from the time of the Egyptians to the Mongols and among many others. Even though life (most likely) began within Africa there have barely been any few archaeological expeditions exploring the continent (it's understandable with Africa being such a shithole tho). I'm not saying all of them were grand btw, but they were still civilizations.

So to answer your question OP
>Did Africa have LEGIT kings in the acient times and middle ages? And has the eternal aryian European underminded and discredited factual evidence for self gain?
We won't ever 100% know within this lifetime.
>>
>>2770099
>that applies to none of them since the vast majority started from indigenous peoples and north Africa is still a part of Africa.
I'm talking about Phoenicians displacing the numidians to form carthage, the arabs migrating through the conquest of the caliphates, etc

peoples that bring foreign culture to africa by displacing the cultures previously native to the region
>>
>>2770133
>even by
* even upon
>>
>>2770133
Africa and the Amazon aren't even close to being similar.
>>
>>2770138
You still are ignoring the other entities that were pretty big and impactful in Eastern, parts of central and Western Africa.
>>
>>2770133
>We won't ever 100% know within this lifetime.

Of course it did why is this even in doubt unless you have some arbitrary definition on what can be a king or not.
>>
>>2770238
Even then in most places in Northern Africa it was a fusion of the Arab and local popualtion. The Swahili states were islamic and heavily influenced by middle eastern influx but they were obviously Bantu.
>>
>>2770024
>Did Africa have LEGIT kings in the acient times and middle ages?
Sure.
In the same sense that the Irish had kings in ancient times.
>>
>>2770024
I remember one African king was working an auto shop in Europe. He managed his subjects through Skype or something like that. He turned up on the news because he was robbed.
>>
File: 1493101985257.png (58KB, 613x599px) Image search: [Google]
1493101985257.png
58KB, 613x599px
>>2770024
What the fuck is a LEGIT king?
>>
>>2770151
How so.

We are talking about equatorial rainforests here.
>>
>>2770268
Europe, East Asia and the Northeast US all have temperate deciduous forest but don't have much else analogous.
>>
>>2770316
The posters said the Amazon and African jungles are not similar, which is not true. Nevermind those other climes.

Apparently steamy thick jungles aren't good for civilization.
>>
>>2770133
Never knew this so I must thank you for the incite. Very much appreciate anon.
>>
>>2770329
You have to understand African forest lowlands had malaria, tsetse and many other diseases unseen in the test of the world that plagues them to this day.
>>
>>2770329
In Africa the explorers died from disease. It's like a reverse amazon.
>>
>>2770621

chigoe flea

chigoe flea

chigoe flea

chigoe flea
>>
I wonder if there are African kings who got rich by selling slaves to Europe
They certainly were good kings for his people but later when the slave traders and slaves had to become one nation these kings would have to be buried
>>
>>2770042
>I'm a /pol/ack
You say it like it's something to be proud of
>>
>>2771337
>if
haha
the trade triangle was a thing, anon
sold neighboring tribes for booze, guns, suchlike
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.