[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jehovah's witnesses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 5.jpg (30KB, 699x236px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
30KB, 699x236px
Why do people dislikr them so much? what do they do? I don't know much about them. I skimmed their Wikipedia article and it seems like they detest Christianity's pagan roots and try to distance themselves from it but why are they targeted specifically?
>>
*teleports behind your door*
Pshht, nothing personnel, heretic
>>
>>2769874

A group that emerged from third schism within the Watchtower movement in 1935, which emerged from the Seekers movement in the late 1880s, which was rooted in the Third Great Awakening with general ties to the Second Great Awakening, which all occured within Puritan movement settled in the United States by the Scottish and English Pilgrims after persecutions from the Anglican Church - who HOWEVER took the Anglican Bible from 1611 with them and thus - every single movement within th said Puritan movement is LITERALLY based on a royal document ordered by the British monarch in early 17th century.

This is exactly what's wrong with them. They're a post-puritan, post-anglican sect that claims exclusivism of salvation within their ranks despite the fact they've shown up in early 20th century
-AND-
claims they can use a British document from early 17th century to SOMEHOW recreate a shape of a 1st century Church.
>>
>>2769874
Social isolation from the rest of society combined with extreme shunning.
>>
I distrust anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas, everyone likes Christmas.
>>
Everytime I see a JW thread on 4chan, a little piece of me dies knowing that at least one is going to come in here and argue every point saying they are bad. It's like talking to a brick wall.

t. ex-JW
>>
Aggressive proselytizing is considering annoying by everyone. It's easy to dislike a group of people known for bothering you. Especially when they also have a creepy, cult-like vibe to them.

>>2769958
>They're a post-puritan, post-anglican sect that claims exclusivism of salvation within their ranks despite the fact they've shown up in early 20th century
Also this. Plus, the repeated failures of their predictions about the end of the world (and their eventual reconciliation by claiming the apocalypse actually has happened) makes them an easy target of ridicule.
>>
>>2769874
>Set a limit on the amount of people allowed into heaven.
>Still try to keep adding more to their earthly flock.

Plus, the heavy emphasis on the apocalypse tends to make folks uncomfortable.
>>
>>2769874

Because they are a cult.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFExZQyNbf0
>>
>>2770056
It really is like a brick wall, it's like nothing goes through to them, they just can't be wrong. It's quite saddening, my parents are JW's, and they can't see any wrong in their logic. It just makes me sad not being able to get through to them, they're just waiting for a paradise and eternal life as they're the blessed and only true people of God.
>>
>>2769874
Most people find proselytizing annoying.
>>
>>2769874
They are aggressive proselytizers who pester me wherever I go - or, don't go, yes, even at home. No other religious or secular group does anything even remotely like this. Is it any surprise I and others would despise them?

Anyway you can watch this video if you want to understand their theology, particularly the soteriology:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3GbBB_pIs

tl;dw - countless of them don't get saved even according to their religion, it's like an upside down Pascal's Wager
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.