[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he guilty or innocent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: QMOmcG8.jpg (20KB, 550x364px) Image search: [Google]
QMOmcG8.jpg
20KB, 550x364px
Was he guilty or innocent?
>>
Of shooting himself?
>>
File: 1493904713076.jpg (125KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493904713076.jpg
125KB, 750x750px
He killed himself the year my dad immigrated to the USA, my dad was so happy that even the mere ACCUSATION of corruption drove us politicians to public suicide, oh boy my dad was in for a treat heheh
>>
>>2768051
if he was innocent, he wouldn't have killed himself
>>
>>2768072
because his life was ruined by the legal battle of his defense, and his family would get a severance package from the government if he died in office. He did, they did.
>>
>>2768072
Wrong. He killed himself so his family wouldn't get crushed by the debt of the litigation.
>>
>>2768072
that's some dangerously retarded reasoning
>>
>>2768072
>Throughout Dwyer's trial and after his conviction, he maintained that he was innocent of the charges levied against him, and that he had been framed. Decades later, it was reported that the prosecution's primary witness, William T. Smith, whose testimony was largely used to obtain Dwyer's conviction, admitted in a documentary about Dwyer that he had lied under oath about Dwyer taking a bribe in order to receive a reduced sentence. In fact, Smith acknowledges, as he did at Dwyer's trial, that he had lied in his own earlier trial when he testified that he had not offered Dwyer a bribe. He admitted that he testified against Dwyer in hopes of receiving a reduced sentence and to spare his wife from being prosecuted for her role in the conspiracy, and expressed his regret for that decision and the role it played in Dwyer's death.
>>
>>2768072
i think you should kill yourself
>>
If I remember correctly some evidence came up a few years back showing he legitimately was innocent and the state fucked him over.
>>
It's basically a spin on the Dunning-Kruger effect; those self-aware enough to feel guilt over crime or those selfless enough to sacrifice themselves to spare their family or friends grief are also those that will kill themselves. A sociopath only kills himself to flee immediate consequences. Budd was innocent.

This is also why you can see an inverse correlation between suicide rates and criminal rates within certain demographics.
>>
>>2769690
That''s not dunning-kruger at all idiot
>>
>>2769789
How is it not? Note that I said "a SPIN on the Dunning-Kruger effect". Just as intelligent people are the most likely to doubt themselves, moral people are the most likely to feel guilt and commit suicide.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.