[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point of going to school to learn about history? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1481857397921.png (285KB, 788x756px) Image search: [Google]
1481857397921.png
285KB, 788x756px
Whats the point of going to school to learn about history? It seems like you could learn it just as well by yourself if you're disciplined and you can focus on whatever you want stress-free.
>>
>>2765216
sure, but schools might spark an interest in a subject that you otherwise might not be interested in learning about.
>>
>>2765216
completely different beast
>>
>>2765216
Depends on what you want out of it. If you want a piece of paper saying you've learned real good, go to school. If you just want to know a lot of cool shit, just read a bunch, listen to podcasts, and watch TV.
>>
Nobody goes to school to "learn" you go to school because you get a document attesting that at least the bare minimum that is required for you to be considered a "professional" has been taught to you, and now you can take responsability for shit you say and do. I don't know how it works in burgerland but at least in the rest of the world if you are going to teach in a school you need to prove that you know how to teach history in a school, your bona fide word is just not enough. I understand how the case for some degree like History or other humanities might be or could be more flexible but if you are going to design something like a building or an oil refinery and you design it bad enough for something tragic to occur, than you can't just say "well bonkers good think I can't be held accountable since all I learned of engineering I learned from poignant YouTube channels".

At least where I live, a History course in an university is not about learning truuuuue history or becoming specialized in actual research on the subject but rather about learning a general overview of the western timeline and learning how to make fat stupid post-year-2000 brats learn that general overview
>>
>>2765245
Where do I start then?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.