[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pescatarianism vs Vegetarianism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: seafood.jpg (874KB, 1950x1305px) Image search: [Google]
seafood.jpg
874KB, 1950x1305px
Can anybody give me a convincing argument as to whether I may be ethically justifiable going pescatarian rather than vegetarian?

I've researched pain in fish (well I've read the wikipedia article) and looked online but haven't found anything particularly convincing. It seems as though they suffer in a similar way to other vertebrates, and there's mixed evidence as to the environmental impact of the fishing industry.
>>
I'm not saying I'm opposed to it, but I predict we'll be seeing a lot more vegan threads on this board solely because of Okja being announced.
>>
From a suffering standpoint it's probably the same-ish. Maybe different for small fish like sardines. From an environmental standpoint you should only eat sustainable fish. So eat plenty of sardines.

Keep in mind that there are animal products in just about everything.
>>
>>2762071
What's that?
>>
>>2762058
Fish don't look cute or human at all so you don't need to care when they suffer. That's really it.
>>
>>2762141
Movie made by the same guy who made Snowpiercer that looks like it'll be a full length "Black Mirror" on meat production.
>>
It's totally justifiable as long as your fish is sourced responsibly. People need to eat more fish if they can, honestly.
>>
>>2762058
>tfw live near farm that sells meat from humanely killed, free range, pasture-fed animals and I don't have to worry about these things
Feels good, man. I'd hate to have a choice between being a manlet or an ethiclet.
>>
>>2763789
Justifiable in what sense? Ethically or environmentally?
>>
>>2764064
I assume both
>>
Meanwhile I go hunting twice a year for boar and elk and have an outside freezer packed with meat...

I remember having to stalk a wounded deer through two valleys and over 4 miles one time. Figured I knicked a lung because he barely bled out at all.

Nothing quite like hunting your prey and slicing the carotid artery yourself, watching that light fade from the eyes.

Enjoy your fish salad tho
>>
>>2765039
The thing is, no one's going to be triggered by that. That's truly the healthiest way of eating meat.

What people have a problem with is bringing animals as smart as two year olds into a hellish nightmare.
>>
>>2765039
Yeah fair play mate, it's far better to do that than participate in the meat industry.

However, I'm not exactly erupting with envy. Why would I be upset that I don't have the opportunity to put myself through all that tribulation when I can just fucking buy my food from over the road? And then do other stuff with my time???????
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.