[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Second Sino-Japanese war /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Second-Sino-Japanese-War-1937-4.jpg (237KB, 1200x869px) Image search: [Google]
Second-Sino-Japanese-War-1937-4.jpg
237KB, 1200x869px
Tell me about the Second Sino-Japanese war /his/
>>
It was a very boring, sluggish, slogged and drawn out war
>>
>>2761226
>boring
>mass rapes, massacres, starvation on apocalyptic scale, 4 million dead jap soldiers, and suicide bomber chinamen
>>
>>2761344
It's still drawn out and boring, a lot of the tactics were just charge tactics by the Chinese. Even a lot of the major battles had inconclusive victors.
>>
>>2761344
>4 million dead jap soldiers
no
>>
Did the Japanese have any concrete plans? Were they hoping to conquer all of China? How did this factor into the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere?
>>
>>2761547
I'm pretty sure (but don't quote me) that Nippon's plan was to take many of the coastal regions and then go a little further inland, blabbing up and down the coast, and then establishing puppet governments in the areas that were far away.
>>
>>2761536
The same goes for the Japanese who failed repeatedly in central China against a total shithole in civil war.

>>2761543
4-5 million Casualties*
1-1,25 million dead*
>>
Amazingly incompetent leadership on both sides, but it provides for a really insightful look into the Japanese military at the time. US propaganda about the Pacific theater has I think unintentionally glorified the Japanese as the Asian counterpart to the German "war-machine", but they were objectively really terrible at war.

Senior Jap leadership had little control over forces on the ground, so lawlessness and mutiny were common (even against other Japanese units and civilians). Dated zerg-rush tactics were the norm and both sides would fight Pyrrhic battles over meaningless areas for "muh honor". Watching them bumble and goat-fuck their way through China and Indo-China really foreshadows how fucked the Japs were going to be when they encountered a real military adversary later in the war (US).
>>
>>2761643
US also had huge pro-China propaganda at the time. Hilarious watching it nowadays
>>
>>2762166
care to give some examples, that sounds interesting as hell
>>
>>2761547
>Did the Japanese have any concrete plans?
To start? No. Just like all of their foreign policy from ~1933 onwards, they blundered their way into China and were just too belligerent to pull out.

I haven't seen anything close to a real endgame plan for Japan, and given how impromptu the war was, their endgame plan - if they even had one - was probably constantly changing. Once the greater war in the Pacific had started, I'd say that their endgame probably revolved around subjugating the Nationalists and Communists and having the puppet government run by Wang Jingwei nominally control all of China. Pretty much, it looked like they'd have set up another Manchukuo-like puppet state across China.
>>
>>2761559
Their actual records testify to under half a million dead. 1-1.25 million dead is literally just the PRC making shit up.
>>
>>2762166

American foreign policy had been to prevent any one colonial power from dominating China since 1899 (the establishment of the Open Door Policy). American missionaries also did a lot of work in China and Korea (the latter is the reason why South Korea has such a large Christian population)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.