[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Japanese Ever Recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Midway.jpg (173KB, 684x280px) Image search: [Google]
Midway.jpg
173KB, 684x280px
> Battle of Midway

> A6M is superior to F6F-4 in every way

> F4F-4 gets 3 to 1 KDR anyways

Veru Dishonorabu senpai
>>
>>2760915

Sorry, I mean F4F-4
>>
File: american airpower meme.jpg (752KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
american airpower meme.jpg
752KB, 3300x2550px
America invented airplanes, goddamit.
Of course we're the best at it.
>>
>>2760928
Damn the F-15 is aesthetic
>>
File: F-15 Eagle.png (390KB, 4688x3116px) Image search: [Google]
F-15 Eagle.png
390KB, 4688x3116px
>>2761073
It really is.
>>
File: 400px-Weave_plain.svg.png (13KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Weave_plain.svg.png
13KB, 400x700px
>>2760915
>American pilots quickly figure out how to negate their maneuverability disadvantage (literally the only thing the Japanese had going for them)
>American veterans get pulled back from the front to train new recruits, continuously improving the ability of all personnel
>Japanese veterans just get sent out until they die and all their combat experience is lost, leaving few if any equally capable replacements
>Americans then start shitting out far superior aircraft at a rate the nips could only dream of anyway
Also the A6M wasn't quite superior to the F4F in every way. Just ask Saburo Sakai:
>I had full confidence in my ability to destroy the Grumman and decided to finish off the enemy fighter with only my 7.7 mm machine guns. I turned the 20 mm cannon switch to the "off" position, and closed in. For some strange reason, even after I had poured about five or six hundred rounds of ammunition directly into the Grumman, the airplane did not fall, but kept on flying. I thought this very odd—it had never happened before—and closed the distance between the two airplanes until I could almost reach out and touch the Grumman. To my surprise, the Grumman's rudder and tail were torn to shreds, looking like an old torn piece of rag. With his plane in such condition, no wonder the pilot was unable to continue fighting! A Zero which had taken that many bullets would have been a ball of fire by now.
>>
>>2760915
The "superiority" of the Zero was pretty much solely in its ability to turn, and its ability to turn was pretty much solely because it was made out of fucking papier mache and school glue.
>>
>>2761106

You're forgetting about it's climb rate.
>>
>>2761106

Wellll it also had a better rate of climb and top speed than the F4F, but not most other fighters.
>>
>>2761102

True. It is worth nothing that the older variant, the F4F-3, was much lighter and somewhat faster due to its lack of folding wings, 4 .50 cals instead of 6, and additional armor and sealed tanks. Later, the FM-2 variant had a lighter R-1820 making an addiotional 150hp (up to 1350) and was 500 lbs ligther than the F4F-4. But despite being the worst performing of the F4F family, the -4 still did very well all thigns considered.
>>
>>2761102

> be america

> Build planes with armor, heavy and sturdy like tanks

> Build tanks to be light, fast and maneuverable

I love this country.

I think the most important part of all of that is the strategies and teamwork part. Veterans training led to the US having few super aces like Germany - but a lot of aces nonetheless and less trained pilots dying in combat due to well protected cockpits.
>>
File: DAT ASS.png (3MB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DAT ASS.png
3MB, 2100x1500px
>>2761102
GRUMMAN STRONK
DICK CHENEY GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF LIFE REMOVE MCDONNELL DOUGLAS
>>
>>2761106
Actually, probably the single most important aspect of the Zero was the operational range, which allowed for coordinated defense of different islands in the Pacific that were really fucking far away from each other.
>>
>>2761102
The pacific war is really exiting to read about, but fuck i'm happy to not have been part of it
>>
File: Onager_sling.gif (27KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
Onager_sling.gif
27KB, 400x282px
>>2760928
>America invented airplanes
BEHOLD! A PLANE!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.