[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does one fear death or is it the way we die that scares us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1493519746807.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493519746807.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
One could admit that the end result of the way we perish would ultimately be the same, but what is the source of this fear then? Pain? Suffering?

I'm trying to figure out the origins of fear and why we find things to be scary.

Post sources, psychoanalysis, philosophy.

Discuss.
>>
>>2759690
It differs from person to person and culture to culture. What kind of question is this.
>>
I fear nothing, except the fear itself.
>>
>>2759701
So what do you consider to be fear then?

>>2759697
Ok, but why would a certain culture find it scary? Is it fate related, pain related? What makes the visual scary? What's the context behind the fear?
>>
The people always fear the unknown and what is known less than death.
>>
I know that's my case. Death doesn't bother me very much. What freaks me out is how I'm going to die. But from what I've heard about dying, unless violent, isn't so bad either. That, and knowing that I'll probably die in my sleep offers some comfort.
>>
I, for one, embrace death.
>>
Death isn't so bad

Definitely there's a lot of shitty, ignominious ways to die tho
>immolated
>starve to death
>literally any of the nigh-infinite ways one could be methodically tortured to death
>eaten
And many more!
>>
>>2759690
The dead of something after death puzzles the will and makes us rather bear those ills we have than fly to others that we know not of.
>>
>>2760726
*the dread
>>
File: Bill_Nye.jpg (3MB, 4000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Nye.jpg
3MB, 4000x2667px
>>2759690
In the immortal words of Sonmi 451

Our lives are not our own, from womb to tomb we are bound to others. With each crime, and every act of kindness we birth our future. To be is to be perceived. And so to know thyself is only possible through the eyes of the other. The nature of our immortal lives is in the consequences of our words and deeds that go on apportioning themselves throughout all time.
>>
>>2759690
Most people tend to be self aware and embrace the concept of self preservation.

Also culture, religion (or lack of), and a simple fear of the unknown seems to inspire fear into the collective hearts of humanity.
>>
File: cock_holster.gif (498KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
cock_holster.gif
498KB, 500x230px
>>2760736
>Most people tend to be self aware

Oh honey no. Sweetie most of humanity consists of oblivious parasites and violent animals only kept at bay by being constantly watered, entertained and fed...

Oh sweeie you're adorable but you know nothing of deprivation studies.

Deprivation studies show that 97% of hualmanity is 4 1/2 meals and 12 degrees away from total savagery. Meaning if they get hungry or hot/cold enough they will eat your fucking face off.

Gosh you're so cute though. With your baby idealism
>>
Why does everyone worry about this? I feel like the only person who doesn't give a shit about dying. You only need to worry about it when you know it's about to be happening, what are you 90 years old?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.