[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Christians worship a god that is going to send a vast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 610150-cohen.jpg (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
610150-cohen.jpg
8KB, 320x320px
How do Christians worship a god that is going to send a vast majority of everyone who ever lived, regardless of how conventionally evil or good they are, to hell for not worshiping him? I'm not saying I'm an atheist. In fact it terrifies me that there is a good possibility this God exists. Christians are deluded because you ask these very simple and natural questions and they just think God has some master plan beyond comprehension and people are the problem and the fact that he's arranged a contract whereby it so happens that not every single person must needs end up in hell is somehow doing us a massive favor. A sliver of opportunity to see what is behind door number 2 is worth being committed to this death-trap in the first place? And I'm definitely not a big fan of Lucifer either because before that asshole came along apparently we were right in the sight of God and permitted to live eternally in paradise. I could just imagine these two talking behind the curtain at this cosmic Kabuki theater: "okay Lucy, now I want you to give them free will so they can love me and I can finally start getting some recognition around this place." How terribly dramatic.
>>
File: sffgg.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
sffgg.png
5KB, 205x246px
So now maybe we're not under the rule of the most evil God possible, a pure sadist, but we're dealing with a God that we have to constantly try to appease with proper worship? What does it entail? A certain sect of Christianity Lordship Salvation says you basically need to dedicate every waking hour to this guy. And you need to do it in good faith. You can't even fake it because he knows what you are thinking better than you do even! And you have to do this in spite of yourself. I don't know about you but I would just as soon have never existed in the first place. I don't believe in the demiurge duelist gnostic bullshit. To me its a pipe-dream. I just see the futility of this life that is destined to end in eternal torment because of a God that is impossible to appease.

And you know what really burns my ass? Clearly God just wants a few servants to stand out in the crowd that he has chosen. There is quite a bit of speculation about who the "144 000" are in Revelation. I reckon this is the entire body of the elect! I mean if God really wanted to keep everyone out of hell then apart from creating such a terrible place to begin with, WHY NOT UNIVERSALIZE THE GOSPEL. why not make sure the religion is established in the world as soon as possible in every nation so people aren't blindsided by hellfire when they die? I can say if there is one thing I lament its that consciousness is even possible.

>yfw the closest analogue to our creator is Sander Cohen
>>
>>2755385
>>2755368
People just love power, regardless of whether the power is being used to squash them like bugs.
>>
>>2755368
>not being a calvinist
you were already predestined to go to hell
>>
Christians are sadists.
>>
>>2755705
Why create people who are necessarily going to hell?
>>
>>2755368
>what is virtuous pagan
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.