[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Universally recognized human gestures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1018575-giant_bomb_applause.jpg (107KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1018575-giant_bomb_applause.jpg
107KB, 1280x853px
What are some universally recognized gestures that retain meaning throughout all cultures they appear in?

For instance, nodding your head up and down for yes or back and forth for no. This is pretty much universally accepted in all cultures, yeah? Like even uncontacted peoples in the Brazilian Jungle, in the depths of the darkest corners of Africa and among the Eskimo peoples in the frozen wastes. How did peoples who have had no contact with each other (either directly or by proxy) come to the same conclusion? Is it written into our DNA?

And for that matter, when did smacking your hands together like a spastic come to indicate approval of an action that has been witnessed?
>>
what about dry humping?
>>
Regardless of ethnicity or race, the sight of a big black cock causes the pussies of all women to drool.
>>
>>2754837
I think most people outside the west just hump and forego the "dry" part.
>>
I've heard rural mountain Albanians nod head for no and shake it for yes. Not even memeing. I think I read it on wiki travel but it could have just been edited by balkanite that was trolling. Who knows.
>>
Pelvic thrusting whilst grunting
Out of 37 countries I've visited, all seem to understand when I make such a gesture.
>>
Clasping your hands together close to your chest is a universal symbol of trickery and deceit.
>>
Putting your hands together and resting your head on them while closing your eyes means sleep to everyone, dont it
>>2754849
I seem to remember hearing something about this, but I though they were some kind of Indian or Hindu
>>
>>2754851
I see you, too, are fluent in the subtle nuances of Body Language
>>
File: 1493844208860.jpg (8KB, 267x323px) Image search: [Google]
1493844208860.jpg
8KB, 267x323px
>tfw autistic and don't understand any of this body language shit
>tfw can't even interpret basic emotions
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.