[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question for Christians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 2.jpg (188KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
188KB, 626x626px
Why did god allow islam to become such a huge religion?

what's the purpose of it?
>>
well the arabs were a hard case

T. God
>>
File: Colosseum_Christians.jpg (91KB, 850x506px) Image search: [Google]
Colosseum_Christians.jpg
91KB, 850x506px
>>2754536
The kingdom of God is not of this world. It does not matter to God in the slightest whether His people have wealth and power while on earth. Only that they have faith.
>>
>>2754568
It'd be hard to have faith if those wealthy and powerful Christian Kingdoms weren't able historically to protect Christianity from Islamic aggression.
>>
because they worship him and g*d is an arrogant asshole
>>
>>2754568
Wouldn't it be more glorious to God if everyone on earth was a faithful member of the Orthodox Church?
>>
>>2754536
God is a cunt.
>>
>>2754536
the End Times aren't going to start themselves anon
>>
>>2754536
There was a school of thought that the cult of Mahound was intended to punish heresy and lax morals.
>>
>>2754693
Is that why it wound up wiping out the Empire, whose Emperor was the head of the Orthodox Church? Does this mean the Catholics are right?
>>
Free will
>>
>>2754536
It's a test to see who are faithful. If people convert to Islam, then they are not faithful. DUH
>>
>>2754536
My question is why did Allah accidentally trick everyone into believing that Jesus wasn't crucified and let Paul ruin the message with Christianity being the biggest religion in the world?
>>
>>2754536
Islam would have died off if not for the Golden Horde's betrayal of his mongol roots.
>>
GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS
>>
>>2754636

Makes the point of faith rather redundant if everyone is compelled to belief out of tradition or societal obligation.

The Lord is chosen, not settled upon.
>>
>>2754536
don't most muslim text and christian text overlap?(abraham, mariam etc)
I bet someone could easily prove that they have the exact same ancestor religion like how humans and apes have the exact same ancestor.
>>
>>2755900
Ummm... Yes, they are both reformed (((Abrahamic))) religions in origin, and thus share a lot of the same laws and text. When they are getting along, they tend to assume they have the same god. Not so much so the rest of the time.
>>
>>2754536
>Why did god allow islam to become such a huge religion?
Islam is indeed one of the great world religions, but if you look at a world map of 800 to 1000 AD, nobody having a copy of such a map back then would have thought the Caliphate wouldn't be the unrivaled, hegemon world power in the following millennium. Even though it went all over Indonesia, this hegemony is not what happened, is it?

You may have noticed how groups of Muslims tend to combat, persecute and kill one another, for example the Sunni-Shi'a conflict predates the very standardization of the Qur'an.

Islam is also iconoclast, often violently so, in regards to other idolaters. The bottom line is that, wherever Islam is, there is no shortage of sin - or punishment. Swift, direct, unrelenting are judge, jury, and executioner. The first stone is cast not by he who is without sin, but the imam, or someone he's appointed if he's unable to.

When Muslims claim to be agents of God's wrath, or vengeance, or justice, it tends to irritate lots of people's ears, but I, for one, would say they are not too far off the mark, just not exactly in the same way as the imams believe... it's a "right for the wrong reasons" kind of thing.

I love the English expression "just deserts."

Islam simply takes it to the next level.
>>
Because god loves all his children, be they christian or not. Also, islam is arguably closer to christianity than judaism as they acknowledge jesus as a prophet.
Note: Most jews today also do acknowledge jesus as the historical person because it is quite hard to deny his existence, but the muslims were the first to acknowledge jesus as a spiritual leader even though they don't think of him as the son of god.
One last thing: christians, jews and muslims have more in common than most people think. It is important that these communities of faith work together as religion seems to become more and more a thing of the past. we all believe in the god of abraham, it can't be that hard to find a common ground.

ps: isis is stupid, and so are the christian terrorists in africa

pps: this looks like bait, doesn't it? Thats kind of sad because i really do feel this way regarding the peace between the faiths
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.