[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What society was the closest one to the ideals of anarcho-monarchism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1492853254257.png (269KB, 3583x2387px) Image search: [Google]
1492853254257.png
269KB, 3583x2387px
What society was the closest one to the ideals of anarcho-monarchism?
>>
>>2753117
Memes aside, the Icelandic Commonwealth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Commonwealth

"The legal system's administration, insofar as it had one, lay in the hands of a parliament of about 40 officers whom historians call, however inadequately, "chieftains." This parliament had no budget and no employees; it met only two weeks per year. In addition to their parliamentary role, chieftains were empowered in their own local districts to appoint judges and to keep the peace; this latter job was handled on an essentially fee-for-service basis. The enforcement of judicial decisions was largely a matter of self-help (hence Iceland's reputation as a land of constant private feuding), but those who lacked the might to enforce their rights could sell their court-decreed claims for compensation to someone more powerful, usually a chieftain; hence even the poor and friendless could not be victimized with impunity. The basis of a chieftain's power within the political order was the power he already possessed outside it, in civil society. The office of chieftaincy was private property, and could be bought or sold; hence chieftaincies tended to track private wealth. But wealth alone was not enough. As economic historian Birgir Solvason notes in his masterful study of the period, "just buying the chieftainship was no guarantee of power"; the mere office by itself was "almost worthless" unless the chieftain could "convince some free-farmers to follow him." Chieftains did not hold authority over territorially-defined districts, but competed for clients with other chieftains from the same geographical area."
>>
>>2753315
Pretty insightful answer.
>>
>>2753117
Polish Commonwealth and their Sejm and Liberum Veto
>>
HRE?
>>
>>2753814
liberum veto is such a meme
>>
>>2753117
The pirate kingdoms in the caribean and north africa
>>
Lichtenstein maybe.
It doesn't exist among other Monarchies now, but it was established as a private micro-state.
Similar social orders would qualify as well in my opinion. Many city states, Kingdoms, and other private landholdings throughout the history of Europe.
>>
>>2753117
>anarcho monarchism
actually laughed
this is a great joke
>>
Why do people get so attached to meaningless labels like "anarcho-", and try to apply them to fucking anything? Is this what the Internet does to people?
>>
>>2753117
>What society was the closest one to the ideals of anarcho-monarchism?

My apartment. I live alone, so I can be king and anarchist at the same time.
>>
>>2755707

Illusion of Freedom, like Normies have with their internet privacy
>>
>>2753117
I suppose an anarchic society that maintains a "monarch" in tradition only.
>>
Mongolia 1911-1921
>>
>>2755707
can you just try to enjoy yourself for a few minutes?
>>
>>2753315
I came here to shitpost in a bait thread, but that was actually a really interesting and enlightening example.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.