[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This book blames International Community on the break up of Yugoslavia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: london clash.jpg (2MB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
london clash.jpg
2MB, 1600x2400px
When it was obvious that Yugoslavia was ceasing to exist, there had to be some border adjustments but the International Community didn’t allow these (and it made the war inevitable)
>>
You don't try to stop the monkeys from battering each other with sticks, you give them the sticks instead and watch them fight
>>
>>2751636
That's a bit harsh. 100000 people were killed
>>
>>2751602
It started going to shit when ambitious politicians started vying for power over the whole place. They found a good base in nationalism and since Milosevic couldn't get the west support he went "well fuck you then i'll fight you all, Russia is bound to have my back, you cant touch me." Seeing how batshit insane and power hungry he and his clique were, NATO took him upon his bluff. If there were more sane politicians on all sides the whole country could have started the process of joining the EU back in 1990, like it was mooted at the time and everyone would be better off, people in what was Yugoslavia, but EU also. Shame that demagogues won over, like they always do, cases in point, Brexit, Trump.
>>
>>2752248
If anything, it shows how simple it is for communist politicians and parties can turn into nationalists, dare i say, borderline nazis overnight. (Sloba and Franjo)
>>
>>2752296
It has nothing to do with communism, but with a thirst for power and a too weak civil society to call them out on it and stop them. And please don't use affectionate nicknames for them, they are vile people who (along with Izetbegovic) plunged the whole place into chaos and dug a hole that people living there aren't even able to start digging out of. They've managed to reverse the whole region back by approximately 50 years
>>
>>2752296
But anon, those people where already insane.
It didn't happen over night. Most likely they where fucked in the head long before joining the government.
>>
>>2752322
I like your explanation of a weak civil society. It makes a perfect sense. This is the view author tried to push at some point in the book, I think. It appeared that people didn't trust each other, so instead of voting for Ante Markovic, they were all voting for their own nationalistic parties, but not because they were hardcore nationalists, they just wanted to prevent others from winning the election. My knowledge of Yugoslavia went as far as the media interpretation of the events where Milosevic started up the troubles. But it wasn't that simple. It seems that hey were all looking for the troubles.
>>
>>2753119
Yugoslavia is pushed as multicultural but it was actually hyper federalized. Most people didn't venture 100 km from whatever the closest major town was to their birthplace, if people went to uni they usually went to the one where their ethnicity was in the majority, and most people's only exposure to the rest of the country was in the JNA.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.