[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JFK vs Nixon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: KennedyNixon.jpg (81KB, 785x587px) Image search: [Google]
KennedyNixon.jpg
81KB, 785x587px
Who did it better?
>>
>>2751438
Can you be more specific with your question please.
>>
>>2751438
Well, I mean, Kennedy got away with it while Nixon is hated by pretty much everyone for less.
>>
File: 1493839531981.jpg (18KB, 416x381px) Image search: [Google]
1493839531981.jpg
18KB, 416x381px
>>2751438

JFK
>The man Americans want to be

Nixon
>The man Americans really are

Gets my noggin joggin I tell ya
>>
File: 3a27426r.jpg (19KB, 528x640px) Image search: [Google]
3a27426r.jpg
19KB, 528x640px
Pic related would have been better

>Vietnam War ended in 1969
>continued and expanded Great Society
>full employment
>less mistrust in public institutions
>racial integration/busing continued
>no War on Drugs/mass incarceration
>>
>>2753828

>Humphrey spent his last weeks calling old political acquaintances. One call was to Richard Nixon inviting him to his upcoming funeral, which he accepted. Staying in the hospital, Humphrey went from room to room, cheering up other patients by telling them jokes and listening to them.

F
>>
Kennedy's stupidity in Cuba almost annihilated the human race; but I think Nixon had a stronger commitment to committing mass atrocities throughout Southern Asia and Latin America.

Also I've read that Nixon attempted to assassinate Castro more than Kennedy did, which is weird because that was like half of Kennedy's presidency.
>>
>>2754370
>Latin America
Dubious because Kennedy's Alliance for Progress really laid the concrete work for U.S.-backed military dictatorships. Prior to the AfP, we had individuals who were harmless in comparison and the AfP tended to cut off aid to these countries which caused the military to step in to "restore order and democracy" and by "restore order and democracy" I mean keep the cash flowing in. Realistically, Nixon's only doing was the Argentinian Dirty War. The overthrow of Allende was realistically out of Nixon's hands, though the Nixon administration had been agitating for some time before someone actually did it. Every investigation so far has proven that Pinochet and the U.S. weren't in contact until after the fact. Time will tell just how much the U.S. was involved in Allende's overthrow, but as it stands now Nixon's meddling in LatAm had less of a disastrous affect compared to Kennedy.

>SEA
Absolutely fair claim albeit under significantly different circumstances to the point of being near uncomparable.

>Also I've read that Nixon attempted to assassinate Castro more than Kennedy did, which is weird because that was like half of Kennedy's presidency.
Kennedy was President for less than 3 years. Nixon was President for 5 years. Add on the Nixon had a CMC-style standoff with Cuba for months over Cienfuegos Soviet Naval Base, it starts to make more sense.
>>
>>2753828
>racial integration/busing continued

Are you fucking serious? I've met people who moved solely to spare their children the culture shock and intimidation from that.
>>
>>2751438
JFK had a few blunders and didn't accomplish a lot. More was done through his martyred image by LBJ than what he accomplished himself. Nixon would have been remembered as one of our better presidents if it hadn't been for watergate.

No one can deny that Nixon was better in foreign affairs, but domestic policy is more of a debate I guess.
>>
>>2754628

They were racists who got triggered by the idea of black students going to school with their kids. The alternative, which Nixon is responsible for, is underfunded inner-city schools that are >90% black, and continued de facto segregation in housing and education.
>>
>>2754822
the black kids should stay in the inner city schools. I went to a high school in rural ohio that had like 4 black people in the whole school

for some fucking reason they decided to bring in a couple kids from an inner city shithole. they chimped out and punched a teacher and now the school has a police officer on duty

the niggers are animals meme is true
>>
>>2754844
It's about 40% of black America that is the problem.

I went to a proper richfag private school, in a place like that, race is something like eye color or hair color, it's a purely aesthetic feature with little to no practical significance.

Then my family ran out of money and I ended up in a high school full of Section apes.

There, the stereotypes are totally true.

It's the 40% of black people that are below the poverty line that make the entire group look like dogshit.
>>
Nixon, JFK is a giant meme
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.