[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>writing developed independently in Mesopotamia around 3100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: machu-picchu-lost-city-of-incas.jpg (63KB, 560x362px) Image search: [Google]
machu-picchu-lost-city-of-incas.jpg
63KB, 560x362px
>writing developed independently in Mesopotamia around 3100 BC
>writing developed independently in Egypt around 3100 BC
>writing developed independently in Indus around 2600 BC
>writing developed independently in China around 1500 BC

>writing developed independently in Mesoamerica around 300 BC

This isn't to disparage their other achievements, but what made them so late to the game? You can't say it was because they were isolated.
>>
>>2751389
>Four civilizations that were close to each other

I wonder why they all developed writing...
>>
>>2751408
Also, the American continent became populated much more later, though lately there has been an "study" that claims humans reached America about 130.000 years ago. https://www.nature.com/news/controversial-study-claims-humans-reached-americas-100-000-years-earlier-than-thought-1.21886
>>
>>2751389
Well, the Americas were settled late in the game. That might have an impact.
>>
>>2751389
Because they literally had to walk from Africa
through Siberia,
through Canada,
through the USA,
through Mexico

AND

somewhere along the way discover that maize could be cultivated so that civilization could develop

NOT TO MENTION

they achieved all that

I N D E P E N D E N T L Y
N
D
E
P
E
N
D
E
N
T
L
Y

and they still had time to discover the concept of

ZERO

, excell at

ASTRONOMY

, build

TENOCHITITLAN

all this stuff takes time
>>
>>2751389
You forgot it developed indipendently in Minoan Crete around 2000 BC
>>
>>2751495
>Because they literally had to walk from Africa
>through Siberia,
>through Canada,
>through the USA,
>through Mexico
You can do this in a few centuries at most.
>>
>>2751503
I was looking for greece but only found Anatolian records. Thanks but.
>>
>>2751506
If your goal is to walk to South America, yeah

But it's not like people knew South America existed and were trying to go there. People probably didn't go through Siberia until all possible land that wasn't a frozen hellhole got taken.
>>
>>2751503

>we wuz writers 'n' shiet
>>
>>2751545
What a post utterly devoid of comment, I bet it was funny/Made sense in your autistic mind

Hope you get banned
>>
>>2751571
Of content*
>>
>>2751495
Didn't many just get to South America by boat?
>>
>>2751389
>Around 10,200 BCE the first fully developed Neolithic cultures belonging to the phases Pre-Pottery Neolithic A (PPNA) and Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (7600 to 6000 BCE) appeared in the fertile crescent and from there spread eastwards and westwards.

> La Blanca, Ocós, and Ujuxte in the Pacific Lowlands of Guatemala yielded pottery dated to c. 2500 BC.

Seems it took them 5 500 years less to develop it. The real question would be why Mesoamerican civilization started so late.
>>
>>2751495
We all know you can't walk and think at the same time right guys? I mean it's like that with you as well right?
>>
>>2751586
>We're just gonna go through the icy hellhole that is Siberia because there is probably a sunny land on the other side
>>
>>2751586
I think the point of building settlements is to remain stationary for the most part.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.