[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assisted Suicide & Mercy Killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: as.png (923KB, 1276x716px) Image search: [Google]
as.png
923KB, 1276x716px
Prolonging the life of people who have made up their mind of ending their life is depraved and selfish. What do you think?
>>
>>2750576
Depends on if the person who wants to end their life is of sound mind or not. If a person is just suffering from depression for example, that can be treated reasonably easily, and in six months they would be looking back and thinking what a fucking idiot they were.

Also children. Can't trust children to make a non-shit decision.
>>
>get drunk
>ask mate to shoot me
>he says no
What a depraved and selfish cunt
>>
>>2750601
Of course there are exceptions, like the ones you just mentioned, but the tack of "All life is sacred and therefore must be preserved" is wrong in my opinion. If a person finds out they have early-onset Alzheimer's, shouldn't they be allowed to end their life if they so chose?
What about bedridden people who have no prospect of getting out of the hospital anymore? If they so chose, shouldn't they be allowed to their life?
>>
>>2750617
Though I didn't specify it in the title, I was talking more of the people who have been pondering about ending their life for years and it is clear for them and everyone around that their life will not get better.
>>
>>2750625
Oh no, I completely agree with you in that case.
>>
>>2750617
>get drunk
>don't shoot yourself cause you're a selfish cunt
>ask others to take responsibility for your own will
>>
>>2750631
>>2750646
Also this is probably me just being a faggot and going against the prevailing tendency on this Mongolian extreme ironing forum, but I'm not endorsing killing yourself (which is to say you, the OP) here. Even really bad shit tends to get better.
>>
>>2750695
A hypothetical situation. A person say 60+ years old, finds out that he has an incurable disease that will most likely claim his life in the next 6-12 months. The medical costs would be staggering and going through the process would be painful. If he chose to end his life then and there, but the doctors and his family would not agree to this and if necessary, by force stop him from ending his own life, wouldn't that be wrong?
>>
>>2750715
Yes it would. Like I said, I agree with euthanasia in some circumstances. My point was that I wasn't endorsing OP killing himself because i don't know what's happening to him and my post could have been taken as a general endorsement of suicide.

Wow I think this is the first time I've ever told an op to not kill himself.
>>
>>2750741
Ah, no need to be alarmed. Although I have thought deeply about suicide in the general sense, I have no intentions of ending my own life. Thanks for the sentiment though.
> If anyone else is feeling like shit and start to view suicide as attractive, try to talk to someone who listens. If that doesn't seem to be possible, try to meditate and seek the reasons for why you are feeling like that and then ponder for solutions. [Suicide isn't one]
>>
Its applicable only to people who cant juzt suicide themselves (euthanasia), forced life support is no problem.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.