[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What race was pharaoh Senusret II?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1493767634057.jpg (279KB, 356x568px) Image search: [Google]
1493767634057.jpg
279KB, 356x568px
What race was pharaoh Senusret II?
>>
chinese
>>
Egyptian? Unless it's a foreign dynasty like the Ptolemaic.
>>
>>2748781
Actually it's senusret I
>Senusret I, also anglicized as Sesostris I and Senwosret I, was the second pharaoh of the Twelfth Dynasty of Egypt. He ruled from 1971 BC to 1926 BC, and was one of the most powerful kings of this Dynasty.
>>
KANGZ
>>
POL PLEASE LEAVE
PLEASE LEAVE POL
WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
Non-white and non-black.
>>
Applying the notion of "race" (invented in the Age of Discovery) to Egyptians is anachronistic.
>>
File: senusert.jpg (328KB, 938x1287px) Image search: [Google]
senusert.jpg
328KB, 938x1287px
>>2748770
Upper Egyptians are probably the bulk of the Ancient Egyptians. Hate to admit it, but under our current paradigm, many of them would fall under the category of black There is a kernel of truth to the afrocentric stuff . This all still has nothing to do with African-Americans of course who hail from West and Central Africa.
>>
File: upperegyptiandude.jpg (38KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
upperegyptiandude.jpg
38KB, 500x347px
>>2748979
and pic related is some Upper Egyptian on the darker end of their spectrum.
>>
>>2748979
Having dark skin doesn't always mean you're black. Notice the statue's straight nose and thin lips which can't be found on blacks.

>>2748982
Not black. Again dark skin doesn't remove the obvious caucasoid features he has.
>>
>>2748979
You understand most of their population centers were in lower Egypt, right?
>>
>>2748997
He has thick lips here
>>
>>2748770
Japanese of course. Yugioh is obviously 100% historical fact
>>
File: egyptph.jpg (193KB, 833x848px) Image search: [Google]
egyptph.jpg
193KB, 833x848px
>>2748998
>You understand most of their population centers were in lower Egypt, right?
I'd like a sauce on that. in any case, its pretty clear from their art that the majority were the browner types you find in Upper Egypt.
>>
>>2748770
Eurasian.
>>
No different than a modern Egyptian of today
>>
Finnish
>>
>>2750792
Bullshit.
>>
File: Copts.jpg (35KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Copts.jpg
35KB, 460x276px
>>2748770
Probably Coptic, the indigenous pre-Arab Egyptians.
>>
>>2748979
He looks like he's from India.
>>
>>2748770
Tbh a pharoh could look like Morgan Freemen or Denzel Washington or Pharrel and people would deny their blackness.

Idk why you'd ask this, Westerners especially on 4chan are in deep denial on many matters relating to the people's of Africa
>>
>>2755172
He actually looks blacker than Morgan Freeman.
>>
>>2748997
>not black
>obvious caucasoid features
he also has "obvious negroid" features aswell, where I come from, he'd be called black by many
>>
>>2752536
Copts are genetically identical to their fellow Egyptians
>>
>>2755227
>where I come from, he'd be called black by many
Where at? He looks muslim to me (new zealand)
>>
>>2755233
The US...he looks like many mixed basketball americans....also "muslim" isn't a race, i assume you mean arab?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.