[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Achaemenids use Elamite as one of their official

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Elam-map-1.jpg (60KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Elam-map-1.jpg
60KB, 600x400px
Why did the Achaemenids use Elamite as one of their official languages? What happened here that was so important?
>>
Suza was a pretty relevant city.
>>
>>2747529
Ahahahah buuuuullshit that it existed

Buuuuullshiiit
>>
>>2747695
???
>>
>>2747529
its fertile and part of their early empire.
i guess it was rather populous,so it makes sense.
>>
They were dravidians, this explain the iranians appareance.
>>
>>2747529
Really? I thought the elamites were btfo by the median steppeniggers. Persepolis doesn't even become relevant until 550BC, before that capital was ectabana in central/northern iran.
>>
>>2748305
Low quality bait.
>>
Why did Persians adopt Aramaic? Was it because semitic languages are superior?
>>
>>2748421
They used Imperial Aramic specifically because Aramic was the most common spoken tongue in the Levant and most of the rest of the Near East at the time. Same reason why Alexander's short-lived empire used Aramic along side Persian and Greek and the Seleucids retained that same policy after him, and the Parthians and Sassanids after them.

It was a common binding language that was intelligible with most other Aramic dialects and language variants and made governing and trading easier between various groups.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.