[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Chamberlain a cuck for accepting Munich treaty or was he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Was Chamberlain a cuck for accepting Munich treaty or was he just trying to prevent a second world war?
>>
He was like a 21st century politician in the 20th century
>>
>>2746002
He baught Brittain just enough time to re-arm itself. He might have even saved the brits.
>>
File: 1469110824981.jpg (34KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
1469110824981.jpg
34KB, 640x354px
>>2746022
This. Chamberlain sacrificed his place in history with his peace in our time speech to ensure that Britain would have enough time to rearm and get resources to stop Germany such as new aircraft and so on. Chamberlain was playing the long game and if he didn't my bet is that Britain would have capitulated.
>>
>>2746022
He should have been able to prevent Germany's rearmament in the first place and not needed Britain to rearm.
>>
>>2746002
It sucks that people now vilify Chamberlain while that baboon Churchill got made into a hero just because he turned out to be right.
>>
>>2746067
Churchill is popular because he told Hitler to fuck off as blatantly as nobody else. Nobody had the guts to do it, not even Stalin. Hitler was powerful, popular and feared and it really looked like he was going to win. Back then it must have looked like insanity to be so rude to him. He was in an almost invincible position, being friends with Russia and occupying France.

Everyone was wishy-washy with Hitler and Churchill was one of the earliest men who truly looked into his soul and recognized who he is dealing with. This is why he is popular.
>>
>>2746067

This. I find the rearmament claims made earlier in the thread to be a bit dodgy, the UK Army lost vast amounts of material in the Battle of France anyway and during the Battle of Britain it was pilots it was crying out for not planes. However there is nothing wrong in trying to keep the peace and make a deal, it's a damn shame that in the end the Nazis just couldn't be reasoned with.
>>
>>2746002
Chamberlain truly believed he had stopped another war, only when Germany fully occupied the rest of Czechoslovakia did Britain commit fully to rearnament. However, Stanley Baldwin later claimed he would have done the same, believing the extra time to re-arm was worth sacrificing the sudetenland. Germany continued to build up as well of course, and I do not know how much an extra year of preparation shifted the balance to give an opinion on this.
It goes without saying of course, that France and Britain should've intervened earlier, at the Anschluss, or perhaps even the rhineland.
>>
>>2746022
>>2746055
Germany was not ready for war in 1938 either so i dont think it mattered
>>
never trust a k*aut.
>>
>>2746090
I dont think they would have gathered puplic supports behind if they went war in rhineland
>>
>>2746076
>Churchill looked into his soul
You mean it takes one to know one
>>
>>2746090
>They should've intervened earlier
Its easy for us to say that now
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.