[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conversion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1490010063516.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1490010063516.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
Did you convert to your current beliefs or were you born into them?

What do you think is the most patrician belief system / religion?
>>
I mean, I guess when I was born I wasn't a Christian but I was inundated into a Christian culture so I was "born into" Christianity, essentially, even though I later became an atheist.

The most patrician belief system is whatever stripe of paganism your society is accustomed to socially but atheism intellectually. Unfortunately, most societies have had their paganisms stamped out of them by Christianity or Islam; in those cases, better to just be atheist entirely.
>>
>>2745758
I'm Salvation Army (Old World Methodist) and was born that way

I don't really bother to think about the spirituality (creation story, the rebirth of jesus, virgin birth, old testament stuff etc) because it seems to be the main argument that gets in the way of the WAY more important qualities of christianity, the ideals and morality of the religion, which almost no one i know can deny as wholesome and good values

I can't say that any european branch of christianity (some american born ones are nuts) is better than the other in principle, the main issues are over stuff irrelevant to the ideals and principles one should live by, like the definition of the holy trinity, council of nicea tier shit etc
>>
>>2745758
I found literature that was in and of itself the second most interesting I'd come across apart from History but that can't really be applied as a belief system. History again being in and of itself interesting, so I'd say I was born into History, and my belief system was a combination of nature and nurture. Or that nurture was the door or gateway to be blessed enough to come about to the nature that was resonate.
>>
I don't know how but I never really thought about religion until recently. I remember asking my dad a while ago "are we catholic or christian" and he said catholic so I just would say I'm catholic when someone asked. But we never really discussed religion with each other or anything, we'd go to mass but I was never asked if I believed the stuff I heard and I never questioned it myself. then I saw a youtube video on the trending section about christopher hitchens dying and it was a video about questioning religion. I watched it not knowing who he was but by the time it was done I stopped calling myself a catholic. I guess I was only really a catholic in name only the whole time but I think this counts as "converting to your current beliefs". I wonder how common this sort of story is for people.
>>
Born in an atheist house, now presently a non-practising Occult/Esoteric pagan.
>>
>>2745758
when i think back to it, as a child i was never confronted with metaphysical believes in the first place but rather the methodic of "stay sceptical and keep an open mind, because people will both make shit up for personal reasons and we dont know everything in the first place", so when I went into school once i participated on going to church and even sung along the others without really believing in the contents.

I was since then always confronted with religion, but never tought to be religious. I only started having a disdain for fundamental religious thinking since i asked my grandma "if you say santa claus isn't real, how come god is real" and she just straight out slapped me, despite taking multiple opportunities to preach me about how the christian shouldnt be violent.
>>
>>2745758
People aren't born with stock beliefs.

They are fed/taught those beliefs by their parents.
>>
>>2745758
Born in a ""christian"" household, as in people are passionate about saying they are christian, but don't fast or go to church or pray beyond "god lead the way" when going on a long trip or something.
Grew up to become an atheist, because I got interested in history, and from there became familiar with many other religions and thought its stupid that I was randomly born into the correct one and all others are false.
>>
>>2746048

>I asked a stupid question and got treated like a moron should so now I'm an atheist

Cringe
>>
>>2746262
no such thing as a stupid question, especially for a kid.
>>
>>2745758
You have to join Christianity on your own. You cannot be born into it, and nobody else and nothing else can get you in. Not infant baptism, not a christian family, not being born in a christian nation, not being a catholic, nothing.

It's one-on-one, you and your Creator.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.