[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Nationalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: cover_nationalism1.jpg (31KB, 650x249px) Image search: [Google]
cover_nationalism1.jpg
31KB, 650x249px
Itt we talk about things we were taught that were definetly obscure to the actual causes and effects because muh patriotism or muh nationalism.

I'll start.

>That great moment when I was taught that italians were the remnets of the great Roman empire.
>Mfw we were actually mudhut germanics who raped and pillaged the rements of Rome.
>mfw the greeks raped and pillaged us.
>mfw the Normans raped and pillaged us.
>mfw my families land was taken from us by Communist and now we are poor and had to move to America.
>>
>>2745033

There is no "we". Most of europe has been invaded by each other at some point. Thinking you know who your ancestors are more than a few hundreds years ago is next to impossible to pin down to specific countries.

For all you know your "italian" ancestors could've only lived there for a generation or two before coming from somewhere else
>>
>you must help these retards, because they were born to the same clan as you
>dont under any circumstance become friends with those nice people, their clan's ancestors fought our clan's ancestors for that yonder river bank

Nationalism is retarded on the individual level and only makes sense for the big state.
So stupid that the common people love and preach it, when it does nothing for them but limit their space by alienating "rival nations".
>>
>>2746168
While i agree with you for the most part it does have a few upsides such as protecting national cultures and ideas.
>>
>>2746215
You work from the notion that "national culture" is inherently good.
Protip: it isn't. The parts of it that are good will continue, because they are good. You don't need nationalism to keep doing whats good to do.
Meanwhile stupid shit like doing 5 laps around the church at midnight while wearing fresh bread as a hat doesn't deserve to exist in le current year.

Try to list several traditions that only exist because of nationalism, and that we would suffer from losing. I can't think of one.
>>
We wuz Vikings.
We wuz european power.
We used to throw old people off cliffs.
>>
>>2746223
>Meanwhile stupid shit like doing 5 laps around the church at midnight while wearing fresh bread as a hat doesn't deserve to exist in le current year.

Why not? It's a community event. Are we better off sitting at home instead watching carefully selected media packages of multi-billion dollar industries?
>>
>>2746231
>if you aren't running laps around the temple with a funny hat you must be watching reality TV and drinking coke

There is more to life, anon. Open your mind and let it wander.
>>
>>2746231
>Why not? It's a community event. Are we better off sitting at home instead watching carefully selected media packages of multi-billion dollar industries?
Not the guy you're talking to, but unironically yes.
>>
>>2745033
Germanic in Italy were only a few % of the total population OP, they were the ruling class. Italians are still mainly descended from Romans.

This would be like claiming that Catalonia is actually populated by descendants of Goths and Alans, instead of just the same Iberians.
>>
>>2746231
I didn't express myself properly in >>2746280 Let me be clear, I don't agree with that guy on the specific tradition not deserving to exist. I respect people's traditions. I don't think watching TV shows on your couch either is better either. I just don't believe that traditions should be upheld for the sake of tradition but rather because people enjoy engaging in such tradition.
>>
File: tumblr_o6tillHuMd1qdyu41o2_1280.jpg (133KB, 1058x1058px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6tillHuMd1qdyu41o2_1280.jpg
133KB, 1058x1058px
Jeb! will solve patriotism once and for all
>>
File: memes.png (132KB, 499x290px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
132KB, 499x290px
>>2746234
Let's not pretend the average prole is capable of that. For them it's one or the other, either the comfort of traditions or the repetitive routine of modern entertainment, and we have to make the right decision for them.
>>
>>2746223
'Good' and 'bad' ideas are only what the leadership perceive.

Completely mixing the population of countries such as china and india with the west would dilute, if not completely silence many things we take for granted such as freedom of speech, govt checks and balances and real piblic accountability because these 3rd world citizens wouldn't have grown up with these ideas as fundemantal
>>
>>2746414
Strange you'd mention China and India.
They were very, very multicultural states, where the ruling majority was half or less of the overall population, and they did a pretty good job eating up everything and shitting out a homogeneous mass.
The very notion that "chinese" is an ethnicity today, when several centuries ago it would just denote who you are paying tax to and nothing about your language, skin color, religion, culture, etc, speaks volume against you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.