[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody ever asks this question, but why was there a Civil War?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (67KB, 598x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 598x250px
Nobody ever asks this question, but why was there a Civil War?
>>
>>2741552
you made me smile. good job.
>>
>>2741552
Oh, you know, things. Andrew Jackson wouldn't have let that happen, that's for sure. What a big heart on that guy
>>
File: 001.png (624KB, 639x492px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
624KB, 639x492px
>>2741552
>>
>>2741552
It certainly wasn't over slavery, let me tell you that. In fact, nobody in the south had ever seen a slave in their life, and all southerners treated their slaves well (even though of course they didn't have any). Confederates dindu nuffin. It was the north (who actually had all the slaves ever for real) who wanted to hurt the poor little south because they were so evil ;-; (the north that is, not the south who treated their slaves super well don't you know).

Also niggers deserved slavery because I hate them so much.
>>
the North (Anglos, Jews, Italians etc) could not allow the South (Germans, Scandinavians) to prosper
>>
Watch the first episode of "Ken Burns: the civil war"
>>
because Andrew Jackson was too late
>>
>>2741590
>the South
>Germans, Scandinavians
lol
>>
>>2741586
This. Yankees aren't actually people.
>>
>>2741552
Rich slave-owners didn't want to change their ways
>>
>>2741590

Latter two groups didn't start coming to the US in large numbers until the late 19th century. Also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin
>>
>>2741586
made me kek
>>
>>2741586
>inb4 MUH INDIAN GENOCIDE
>>
>>2741552
It was about Lincoln wanting to poison the country by filling it with niggers and rednecks. Even if slavery was the original justification, it wasn't the biggest effect of the war even at the time.
>>
>>2741590
But to be in the clan you had to be WASP and Teutons aren't Anglo Saxons
>>
>>2741552
Because if states could leave like that what stops the whole union breaking up, and states annexing each other
>>
While it's true that the issue of slavery incited a lot of the push for the secession and the later civil war, I think that saying the Civil War was fought over slavery is like saying WW1 was fought over the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. There were a lot of deep rooted issues stretching back decades which each had their own role in the war.
>>
>>2745398

Like slavery, for instance.
>>
>>2741586
Permission to post this on pol as bait?
>>
>>2741754
I have never laughed so hard at something so deliberate in a very long time
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 640x1136px
>>2745398

Definitely nothing about slavery causing a senator to be beat close to death in the senate for the very first time, splitting the nation and politicians.
>>
>>2745441
Go ahead, burst those Trumpet's bubble.
>>
>>2741552
>north was industrialized, south wasn't
>gov't wanted to remove tariffs, north would've survived it, the south wouldn't
>south felt their way of life was threatened and they underrepresented in government

also, anyone got a good book to read about the civil war?
>>
>>2745455

>Preston Brooks (D-SC)

Really makes you think...
>>
>>2741552
The first thing I thought of when I watched that stupid fucking interview with this place and the typical 361 posts 126 images omitted that result from this question
>>
>>2741563
>>2741556
Wow Americans are pricks when it comes to their own history, does it shock you if i said that every country in the world besides America isn't indoctrinated about it's history?
>>
>>2741561
Made me chuckle
>>
>>2745441
>Asking for permission to save a picture
How many layers of irony are there in this bait?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.