[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my thoughts on stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1567.jpg (42KB, 447x604px) Image search: [Google]
1567.jpg
42KB, 447x604px
Everything is predetermined. The events of the Universe follow a logical sequence that started with the Big Bang. Since then, everything was predestined to happen just the way it is. One thing causes the next to happen, and the next thing causes the next to happen. The future was already written in detail from day 1.

There is no freedom of choice. Not only is everything predetermined, but also what you call decisions are happening literally behind your eyes, in a microscopical world of cells and particles, invisible to the naked eye. Chemicals like hormones work in similar ways, giving you false feelings. Since you have no control over what happens inside your body, it's foolish to assume you have any control over yourself. And for all things concerned, the human nervous system is so unreliable that for all I care I could be the only sentient being in the Universe and what I perceive is just an illusion my brain created for itself.

There is no afterlife. Upon death, you just disappear. You don't go to heaven or hell, you don't reincarnate. Upon the destruction of your brain, your existence is erased. Everything you ever felt, thought, experienced, all your memories, deleted forever and ever.

We are just byproducts of a randomic process called evolution. Since we somehow were better at surviving than others, we stickied around. But the truth is precisely that our sentience and counsciousness are just that, a byproduct of a randomic process that makes survival easier. It could even be called an illusion. Everything we ever did - as individuals and humanity as a whole - is something with no instrict value, we're just somehow programmed to protect our own genes and have absolutely zero control over any and everything, we're just there, experiencing things, as if leaves on a flowing river, and any feeling of despair upon realizing this is just as much meaningless as everything else.

Can you help me?
Is there any way out of this?
I'd love to be convinced I'm wrong.
>>
> false feelings
How can they be false if they are products of real things like chemicals or physical predestination? They are as real as anything else.
> deleted forever and ever
Technically nothing stops your brain from being truly recreated, probability heavily depends on the choice of cosmology here.
> we're just somehow programmed to protect our own genes
Not necessary, some of your behaviour can even be without any of such purpose, evolution allows for all kind of bullshit to stick around on an individual level.
>>
cringe thread?
>>
>>2742521
> cringe
i want reddit to leave
>>
>>2741404
First is assuming "you" as an entity existing. There is no "you" as an entity. There is you that could be a collection of things like your name, your memories, your body, etc. Thus you'd need to change your belief according to that understanding rather than believing a real "entity" existing, dying, reincarnating, disappearing, etc. Ofcourse thats a lot to take in, our whole language and thought structure is revolving around the assumption that there is some entity that exist and makes claims. When reality is bit more constructed. So take things slow, you don't need to go hardcore and disown the language we already have and disown the common nominal usage of the word "my" or "I" or "mine" or "you".

Second you'd need to re-examine your understanding of time in accordance with your understanding of the First, the non-existence of a entity called "you". You'd need to re-examine whether or not time is actually "going forward". Whether or not it actually "goes". It could very well be everything has already happened and the perception simply perceives linearly. Predeterminiation could be just as invalid.

Third, like the causal events causing things to "move" across time, why couldn't this concept apply t "non-things"? Our ideas can cause chain reaction, our emotions, our thoughts, etc can cause chain reaction. Why would the end of the body end the chain reaction? Indeed the end of the body could simply be an ignition for another chain of cycle.
>>
Look up Descartes.
>>
>>2741404
>Everything is predetermined.

If you believed that, you would not argue for it.
>>
>>2742521
I made it 3 words in before cringing.

>Deny personal responsibility.....
>>
>>2742512
>Technically nothing stops your brain from being truly recreated, probability heavily depends on the choice of cosmology here.
Just because you recreate something doesn't mean it is the same. If I recreated mine own brain, I would have hardly recreated myself as I already existed.
>>
>>2743508
You can recreate yourself even if you already exist. The only things that stop this logical conclusion is your wrong intuition that there is only one you in any moment of time.
>>
>>2743515
No, you can't. You can create a flawless copy, but the moment that copy becomes 'aware' it will cease to be you.
You are not just your memories and emotions.
>>
>>2743609
> You are not just your memories and emotions.
What else are you?
>>
>>2742512
>>2742584
None of this makes sense, you could use the same structures to claim that magical invisible ponies exist. If you want to convince OP he's wrong, you have to play his own game: the game of absolutely nothing more nothing less than infinite reason.
>>
>>2741404
you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.