[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife in the Abrahamic religions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2.png (8KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
8KB, 231x218px
How does the afterlife in religions like Christianity work? The general cultural view is that a person is reunited with their family when they die if they've been good, but what if that person grew up in something like an apartment ghetto around really toxic people? There are lots of people who grow up with lives like this in the inner city alone. Why would they want to be around their family members in that case specifically?
>>
>>2741148

The afterlife is quite complicated at least in Christianity. In Christianity, we die and are sent to the divine realm, those who believe are taken to heaven to abide with God, while those who disbelieve are put into Hades(?). Though when Jesus comes back, the bodies of the dead shall be raised up, the natural body was buried and the spiritual body raised instead, in which God will judge us, either to be with him in a new Heaven and Earth while those who rejected him are sent to Hell to be tormented (depending on which Christian scholars, it can be for eternity or they could be annihilated)
>>
>>2741148
It's not specifficaly about being reunited with one's family. It's about being united/in communion with God and ALL other people in heaven, while Hell is being isolated from God, spending eternity without love.
>>
You're tortured and laughed at for believing liars even tough you could derive from their priests and followers that they are evil people, then if you are lucky, you reincarnate and try again.
>>
>>2741148
I can only really speak to Judaism, but beliefs in the Afterlife are contradictory withinit anyway, so there's no one answer. The two most common views, at least within Orthodoxy, are a semi-Christian idea where you die, your soul is judged, and you're given an eternal sentence. The only major distinctions with Christianity are the basis of judgment (it's based on actual deeds, not faith in Jesus), and there's a view that "hell", eternal punishment, is something that's reserved for the very worst of sinners, not a normal sentence at all; most get condemned to a kind of purgatory until the soul is sufficiently cleansed to enter heaven.

The second view is less judgmental and more automatic. The belief goes that you die, your soul leaves your body, and attempts to adjust to an existence where you no longer have a body or a brain to filter experience through. Life on earth is primarily an attempt to train people to adjust to this sort of existence, which is easier or harder depending on how you were as a person.
>>
>>2741352
How did they get people who worshipped their own ancestors to convert to a belief that states their ancestors went to hades for lacking Jesus?
>>
>>2742365
Probably why there are not many Japanese Christians.
>>
>>2742351
>I can only really speak to Judaism

Right then I knew you had no idea what you were going to say.
>>
>>2741148
Revelation 20

The Great White Throne Judgment

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
>>
>>2742369
It did experience success till they banned it
>>
>>2742427
1%, and a lot of those are Catholics that are twice as as lost as the Shintoists.
>>
>>2742433
1% is a lot when you start at zero. Imagine you're in a room of 100 random nationals, then you can be sure at least one is a christian.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.