[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian leaders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: peter.jpg (40KB, 318x382px) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
40KB, 318x382px
Why have the majority of Russian leaders been bad?
>>
Peter was great, so was Catherine
>>
They like strong leaders. Genocidally strong.
Not many nations put their butchers in mausoleums.
>>
>>2740911

He locked his wife in a dungeon for her entire life and was an abusive alcoholic.
"great"
>>
>>2740911
Peter was, Catherine II was a bitch. The "great" was how she liked to be called. It wasn't like with Peter, Alfred etc. People's lives didn't improve under her rule, she was wasting money, great commanders were losing their position because they fell out of favor "Great" shouldn't be given to anyone.
>>
By what metric? Since Muscovy centralised control over Russia, its leaders have built one of the largest empires in world history that was never at the mercy of foreign powers. That's a pretty good track record.

If you want to see shit leaders, look at Poland. They had all the aces in their sleeves, but still managed to get cucked three ways due to governmental incompetence.
>>
>>2740930
Buttblasted manlet spotted
>>
>>2740914
retard
>>
>>2740954
Not all of them. But many Russians are institutionalized. So I guess retarded. If you live in a poor country you might as well have a feared leader. A rather lousy trade off
>>
>>2740907
Since Russia as we know it was founded by Muscovites, who were prone to Steppenigger tier despotism.
>>
>>2740907

>beat the vikings, teutons, mongols, napoleon, hitler
>all countries have to go through russia to get to the international space station

Yup, terrible.
>>
Rurikid ancestry.
>>
>>2740974
Are you in the wrong thread perhaps?
>>
>>2740967
Novgorod should have won
>>
>>2741084
Won what? It never tried to consolidate power, it wasn't even conquered by the Mongols.
>>
>>2741084
>Kiev should have won
FTFY
>>
>>2740965
>can't handle strong leader
wew lad
>>
>>2741315
They can't. Maybe that's why they worship their murderers.
>>
>>2740930
W*man spotted.

>>2740911
Alexander III was the best tsar after Peter.
>>
>>2740907
Rulling is hard.Most leaders are considered shit if you ask the people that they rulled.There have been a handful of good leaders in history
>>
>>2741718
He ruled three years. I don't know anything about him. Why was he so great? I thought Alexander II was good.
>>
>>2741725
>three years
Try 13. And Alexander II was a dumbass.
>>
>>2740911
>>2740948
Peter wasnt great, he just copied western countries, defeated a heavily outnumbered Sweden and built a new capital with slave labour.
>>
A lot of their early Viking type leaders were good who unified them and helped spread Christianity.
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 265x190px
>>2741707
>>
File: Alexander_III_of_Russia.jpg (103KB, 605x671px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_III_of_Russia.jpg
103KB, 605x671px
>>2741731
Right. My bad. The dude doesn't look very promising.
>>
>>2740974
>>beat the vikings
vikings literally conquered them and made foundation of their culture/countries you retard
russians couldn't create their own state without their help and rurikovich dynasty came from vikings
>>
>>2741772
He was a hardliner reactionary who ruled with an iron fist, unlike the cuckolds that were his father and his son. This ensured he presided over the longest period of peace in Russian history, was literally nicknamed "Peacemaker". Also despite being a royal he was down to earth and had the mentality of a peasant which means the people loved him.
>>
>>2741806
I'm sure his son was greatful for this legacy of a police state. I hope the people were happy at least.
>>
>>2741805
>He fell for the Normanist theory
>>
>>2740911
The German, horse fucker bitch ain't great
>>
>>2741736
Sounds great to me, he put those peasants to good use. Considering how Russia looked before his reign, its a big deal.
>>
>>2742000
She died on a toilet (which she made out of Polish throne) no due to horsesex.
>>
>>2741772
Oh shit its the Big Show.
>>
>>2741847
His son was an incompetent cuck who probably couldn't tie his own shoes without help.
>>
>>2742035
Great for Russia maybe but not compared to the rest of the world
>>
>>2740911
>This many people not getting the joke
Come the fuck on /his/.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.