[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choose the comfiest Roman province to rule over.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: Roman_Empire_125_political_map.png (3MB, 2186x1817px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Empire_125_political_map.png
3MB, 2186x1817px
Choose the comfiest Roman province to rule over.
>>
>>2740037
Egypt. It was rich province far enough away from the borders
>>
>>2740037
Id take Achaia

Cultured as hell but a bit of backwater so no one bothers you
>>
File: 1478933502020.jpg (53KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
1478933502020.jpg
53KB, 625x625px
roman britain

isolated from the rest of the empire so you're given plenty of leeway from the emperor and his men
>>
>>2740037
Lusitania. I won't be hearing from any barbars any time soon.
>>
>>2740037
shotgun jutland
>>
>>2740052
except roman britain probably saw the most gruesome and savage rebellion of all provinces, Boudica and the Iceni

any town/settlement that was founded by romans in britain was completely razed, with the main objective of killing literally anyone and everyone they could find

>>2740037
I'd say Egypt, one of the wealthiest and stable provinces in general
>>
>>2740064
>egypt
syria and stomping persian neck would also be fun
>>
>>2740037
Egypt. The richest and most developed province of the empire by far and far away from the war zones.
>>
>>2740064
>most gruesome and savage rebellion of all provinces
>not the judea revolts
>>
Any province that wasn't on the frontier, probably.
>>
>>2740097
fair enough 2bh
>>
>>2740090
Egypt weather is extremelly hot and the place was overpopulated by ancient standards. Probably the comfiest one was Baetica. Most Romans retired there and the weather was pretty smoth throughout the year with tons of sun hours
>>
>>2740037
Narbonessis. Basically Toussant minus the medieval shit.
>>
I want to jump on the Egypt band wagon but... I'm a ginge and the sun hurts me :^(
>>
File: comfy.jpg (112KB, 514x600px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
112KB, 514x600px
>>2740037
>>
>>2740311
This or Sicily.
>>
Raetia.
>>
I don't know much abour Roman history but Hispania sounds good.
>>
>>2740064
>One rebellion than was put down with one legion.
Yeah savage indeed.
It's like you didn't read about the Celt-Iberian fire wars or the Judea uprising, or even the Germanic ones.
>>
>>2740045
This.
>>
Criti.
>>
>>2740037

I'm claiming the Provincia Corsica et Sardinia.

For the babes, mostly.
>>
>>2740373

Good choice, it's Brittany first and then Regnum Bospori (Crimea) for me.
>>
>Nobody realizes the correct answer is Aquitainia.
>>
>>2740037
Cornwall
>>
>>2740658

You know what, yeah, I'm changing my answer; give me Armorica in Gallia Lugdunensis, and I'll be a happy man.
>>
>>2740041
>>2740064
Good luck with Arius.
>>
>>2740037
Asia definitely, I would have a comfy villa on Rhodes.
>>
>>2740037
Cyprus. It is comfy.
>>
>>2740678

because nobody cares about you, shithead
>>
Syria, best landscape, weather and relatively stable.
>>
Did these provinces have unique flags/symbols to differentiate from one another?
>>
>>2740037
Achaia was probably best for comfyness.
>>
>>2740373
>living next to powerful, indestructible, savage drug addicts
I like you.
>>
>>2741344
>drug addicts
Huh, fridge horror.
>>
File: gilgapepe.jpg (150KB, 1024x988px) Image search: [Google]
gilgapepe.jpg
150KB, 1024x988px
>2154BC
>>
Aegyptus objectively
>>
>>2740037

> Gallia Narbonensis

I would spend my time hiking around my little province like Hadrian around his Empire.
>>
>>2741515
>Aegyptus
>spend half your tenure quelling constant riots in Alexandria
>spend the other half worrying yourself sick over whether you'll be killed at the end for embezzlement or bribery due to holding the single most politically dangerous job in roman bureaucracy
Whew lad.
>>
>>2740037
Britannia, I'd try to make the economy and the army independent from Rome and central control, bringing it slowly under my personal grasp, then maybe declaring independence in turmoil times
>>
Britannia or Lusitania.
>>
>>2740037
Taraconensis! Stir up my gallaeci brothers

>>2741544

INDEPENDENT IBERIA WHEN!?
>>
>>2740037
Africa Proconsularis was rather quiet until the vandals came and after them the sandniggers
>>
>>2741538
>Britannia, I'd try to make the economy and the army independent from Rome and central control, bringing it slowly under my personal grasp, then maybe declaring independence in turmoil times
This is just autism.Anglo autism to be more precisse
>>
Why are the provinces between Italia and Narbonensis so small?
>>
>>2741564
you are everything that was wrong with Rome
>>
>>2741573
Oops, i meant this guy
>>2741538
>>
For a good life, Narbonensis is objectively the right answer

>Rich and peaceful, requiring little actual administration
>Full of cultured Greeks
>Not full of tourists like actual Graecia
>Also plenty of true Romans
>Warm Mediterranean climate
>Coastal, and close to Roma by ship
>Delicious food and very good wine country
>No barbarians to deal with other than the occasional alpine primitive
>Not large or strategic enough to become a major battleground in a rebellion

Nowhere is as comfy and out-of-the-way, where you don't need to worry about slave revolts or Germanics, and can spend your days conversing with learned men in Massalia, sitting in trees' warm shade on your whine-producing villa overlooking the sea, exploring and hunting in the beautiful mountains and forests along the Rhodanus, and going to dinner parties with fat merchants and hearing all the news and gossip from Roma without having to wait weeks.
>>
Bosphorus

I`ll build great wall near Perekop, so whole crimea would be safe, perfect place for trade with china, nomads and roman empire
>>
>>2741564
I'm not even british, and I live in Italy you cunt

>>2741573
What was right*
You see, Rome died because people wanted to control a too large chunk of earth, that's why Rome fell, you couldn't control all the land and all the people Rome had with that technology, It would be better if some ruler of Britannia declared independence from Rome and then he would proceed to defend his throne and people

>>2741577
Thanks cunt
>>
>>2741566
Because they were basically diplovassallized kingdoms. They accepted roman suzereinty their kings became hereditary governor/prefects of the provinces.
>>
>>2740037
Ruined Carthage.
>>
>>2740762
It is not. Ever been? It a hard place even now.
>>
>>2741599
>and I live in Italy you cunt
So you are a boat nigger? No one that has been to Britain would like to live there
>>
>>2741584
Why was Narbonensis full of cultured Greeks?Also the climate was way more template back then.So Baetica,Epirus and Achaia seem better choices
>>
Probably Narbonensis or tarraconensis

rich and powerful enough without smelly barbarians breathing down your neck and close to Italy
>>
Dalmatia for sure. It would be like being on a vacation all the time. Diocletians palace still stands there to this day.
>>
>>2740037
Asia. There was literally nothing that could go wrong. The most serious issues were cities building massive bath houses and bankrupting themselves in an effort to out-compete all of the other cities and shitter shatter them.
>>
Crete

>not wanting your own comfy little island close to the fleshpots of the East and Rome itself
>>
>>2740037
Italia pls
>>
>>2741705
Because of Massalia
>>
>>2741643
>AD 125
>Wanting city ruins and salted fields.
>>
>>2741705
>Why was Narbonensis full of cultured Greeks?

Because it was originally settled by Greeks, Massalia being one of the most important trading cities in the Mediterranean.

>Also the climate was way more template back then.So Baetica,Epirus and Achaia seem better choices

It was still very warm and had rich farmland along the coast and all up the Rhone valley.
>>
>>2740041
>>2740090
>>2741515
>ruling Egypt
Plebeians detected
This thread is for senatorial rank only
>>
File: feels latin.jpg (76KB, 680x529px) Image search: [Google]
feels latin.jpg
76KB, 680x529px
>>2741584
fuuuuuuck
>>
>>2740650
Fucker.
Guess I'll take Africa Proconsularis
>>
>>2742274
this
>>
>>2740037
Either Lusitania or Narbonensis. Both fairly wealthy and peaceful, but you're still not too likely to get shanked by someone who wants your job.
>>
>>2742629
>salted fields
meme.
>>
>>2740037
creta
>>
>>2742274
Yes, great choice. This region would have been rather comfortable to rule over, compared to most other provinces, particularly border ones, up until the 400s AD, when the barbarian invasions really came full swing. Dalmatia was the last legitimate Western Roman Empire province, though, lasting until 480 AD, upon Julius Nepos' assassination. Then, you had Syagrius and his lands in northern Gallia, which lasted until 486 before annexation by the Frankish Kingdom, yet he did not appear to ever be regarded as Emperor, but Magister Militum.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.