[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since when right-wing and left-wing in Political exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1482977458232.jpg (487KB, 1500x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1482977458232.jpg
487KB, 1500x1037px
Since when right-wing and left-wing in Political exists?
>>
>>2739199
French revolution, the term was first used there.
>>
File: europa.png (201KB, 272x269px) Image search: [Google]
europa.png
201KB, 272x269px
Since the French Revolution

It really is an outdated concept, but it's convenient for political and economic elites to keep us trapped in neat little ideological "boxes" instead of tackling each issue individually or providing real solutions.
>>
>>2739199
I find colorized historical photos quite interesting,

mostly because they make everything seem more lifelike and make it easier to connect with people or time-periods long past.
>>
didn't it exist in a form in rome with the conservatives vs the reformers?
>>
>>2739208
>>2739643
Both of these. It seems to have something to do with human psychology, the difference in people's inherent leanings toward one direction or the other. But the actual words "left" and "right" were applied thanks to the French Rev.

Ideological currents of both existed in Europe from before that, though. An important thing to look at is Thomas Muntzer, I think, and some of the other weird revolutionary protestant groups that popped up from the middle ages up til the French rev itself.

In fact, the abolitionist movement in the U.S. was also largely informed by lunatic egalitarian theology which was similar to some of these protestant revolutionary groups of the past.
>>
French Revolution. At the National Assembly the conservative monarchists sat to the right of the king as a sign of support, and the more radical revolutionaries to the left.
>>
>>2739442
>mostly because they make everything seem more lifelike and make it easier to connect with people or time-periods long past.

Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YElvjNXmg58
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.