[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here learning a new language? why did you choose to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: pineapple.jpg (79KB, 1016x570px) Image search: [Google]
pineapple.jpg
79KB, 1016x570px
who here learning a new language?
why did you choose to learn the language that you're learning?
how capable are you in using the language to communicate?
do you think knowing multiple language will have a decreased value in coming times as automated translation becomes more relevant?
Why are people born into bilingual families the most proud of knowing another language besides English even though they didn't have to grind for it?
>>
Spanish cause I already know French and figure it would be useful as an American
Russian cause I like Russian literature and history
I'll dabble around with Persian like that too
>>
Im learning Japanese because I like reading manga and Im a weeb in general. I've never tried to speak to a nip so I don't know how capable I am, but I guess I should start soon.
>>
File: latin-classes-los-angeles.jpg (94KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
latin-classes-los-angeles.jpg
94KB, 425x282px
>>2738467
I'm fluent in french and english, started learning latin last week in order to reach my life long goal of learning every romance language.
>>
>>2738595
>wanting to learn Galician
>>
>>2738595
which language was your first? or are you Québécois or something?
>>
>>2738500
can you read raw manga or parts of it? that's a fair way estimate of ability too
>>
>>2738641
Haven't tried that either lmao. My hiragana is good and Im working my way through kanji but Im procrastinating with katakana.
>>
>>2738612
Just the spoken ones. I'd figure learning the root would make things easier in the longer, and I'm also a romaboo.
>>
File: 1493080388569.png (12KB, 352x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493080388569.png
12KB, 352x400px
>>2738633
French and yes I am a canadian frog.
>>
I'm learning latin because I'm a pretentious fuck boy who says he's doing it out of self improvement but really it's just escapism. But now I think about it, does that take away the self improvement part? I don't think so, but that might be the pretentiousness talking again. Fuck Im gonna sleep
>>
>>2738467

>who here learning a new language?
burger learning spanish

>why did you choose to learn the language that you're learning?
My college major requires 3 semesters of college level second language (in 2nd of 3)

>how capable are you in using the language to communicate?
Not very, the class is all grammar and writing bullshit, so I have limited confidence in speaking especially in more complex situations (like the subjunctive etc)

>do you think knowing multiple language will have a decreased value in coming times as automated translation becomes more relevant?
I think it's less about automated translation and more about everyone just learning english through US media

>Why are people born into bilingual families the most proud of knowing another language besides English even though they didn't have to grind for it?
Lack of other things to be proud of? That's why people are usually "proud" about anything. People who have "made it" in whatever they do, don't generally feel the need to brag
>>
Learning Japanese because I am a filthy asianboo. Will probably pick up on my Korean and Chinese next. I'm already having nightmares will all the kanji.
>>
>>2738684
You should blast through katakana, it's just hiragana 2.
>>
>>2738467
Don't mind me just dropping some resources

http://pastebin.com/JN01tWVF
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.